Friday, August 14, 2009

I Should Be Cleaning...

I should be cleaning my house and getting started on my weekly laundry, but I just can't!  I'm having the best time looking at all of the vacation spots over at Kelly's Korner!  I have a feeling I'm going to be looking at these for most of the weekend.

I'm pretty interested in other people's lives so I just love looking at people's travel pictures and also just seeing what different people like as far as vacations go.  My motto is...if it doesn't involve the ocean and sand, it's not a vacation! 

Of course we loved our honeymoon in Mexico and we want to go back (I already posted those pictures for Show us your life: honeymoons).  Our next favorite places are Disney World and going back home to Tuscaloosa for ballgames!

It's no secret I LOVE Disney World.  In fact, I dreamed about it last night.  I can't wait to go back and I'm trying to think of when we should go again!  We went to celebrate John Michael's first birthday because Jordan celebrated his first birthday there, too!  Maybe we'll have to go back next November to celebrate baby #2's first birthday!








Being silly on the monorail




We had to ride Small World one last time.  Can you tell JM is staring at all the clocks behind us?!  He was in clock heaven on that ride!


 


Last fall we took John Michael back home to go to his first Alabama football game!  He did so much better than we anticipated and he even took a nap during the game!  I know it may not count as a favorite vacation spot, but I'm going to include it anyway! 


We love Tuscaloosa but we never get a chance to go back anymore.  Because of my due date I don't think we'll be going back for any games this fall.  So sad.


We went to the Quad on Friday night (which was Halloween too) for the bonfire!



The next day we stopped by the College of Nursing...



Went by the Supe Store....



Went back to the spot where we got engaged on campus...



Took a little break in the A-Club room before the game...



Ran by the sorority house to look at their lawn decoration...



Watched the game in Dada's lap...



Then walked all the way across campus back to the car to beat the crowd...



 That trip back home was fun just to take John Michael back!  I'm sure we'll have lots of homecomings in our future!  Happy weekend!

3 comments:

Bridgette Taylor said...

Love the pictures. Oh by the way......ROLL TIDE!!!!

Dana/Meme said...

I did a needlework picture and verse when y'all we little that goes like this:

"Cleaning and scrubbing can wait 'til tomorrow..........
For babies grow up, we've learned to our sorrow
So quiet down cobwebs........
Dust go to sleep
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep"

I used to believe this and really live by this, but after I went back to work, there seemed to be not enough time in the day to do all I needed to do. But I always thought of this verse, and it would remind me to spend more time with you three.
Never loose sight of this - as your dad would always remind me (back then), the house will be here when we are gone, just take care of those babies now! Hope I did okay by y'all! I sure tried.
Love you all
ps
send this by email to Kelly if you can and tell her it is from me (it goes with something on her blog)

suzannah said...

thanks so much for leaving your perspective on nursing over at my blog--it's so good to hear from other mamas! and congrats on your pregnancy!

i also LOVE a beach vacation--our favorite is rhode island. it is so nice there! we go away in sept, but i'll be too close to my own due date to travel that long and far...but we're still hoping to get to the jersey shore. i miss the ocean!