Monday, August 31, 2009

Fun Stuff!

It's been a fun week with Mom visiting, even though John Michael was sick for the first half of it!  We haven't been doing too many things.  We've just been hanging around and playing!

We picked Mom up at the airport, and much to my delight, there was a kids play-place.  Although, I do think that this is where JM got sick from, ugh.  He LOVED this play-place!  It had a steering wheel, which was all he needed to see to know he was in love!  He crawled and walked in and out and sat on the big fish and turtle.  It was a big display put on by the Aquarium, so everything was about fish and water!  It was such a great idea for little kids at the airport!






John Michael has taken an interest in helping me clean around the house!  This was one of the questions they asked me at his big check-up, so I figure it's a normal (but cute) developmental milestone.  Just this morning he helped me mop the kitchen and he loves to get the swiffer out whenever he can!



JM also has a new favorite activity.  We brought the glider for the baby's nursery into the den so that Mom could have a comfy chair and now JM plays with it all day!  He loves to rock it and he gets on and off of it.  Mostly, he loves to crawl in it and roll all over it with his legs hanging off.  He's so silly!  The chair does not match my den decor, so we'll see how long it stays!



Another new thing for us was moving up to the bigger kids room for Sunday School.  He's no longer in the nursery, and this was his first Sunday in the big room.  This was the only picture I could get of him!  He was so fascinated by all that was going on behind him that he wouldn't look at me!


He promptly started screaming after this.



Verse O' the Day:



Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud...It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.

1 Corinthians 13:4

3 comments:

Amy said...

Mary Avery,
I can't believe how big John Michael is getting!!! Wes and I laughed when Ella moved up to the next class at church. Mrs. Gail bribes them with crackers...whatever works! Hope your doing well!

Amanda Vestal said...

I always love John Michael's outfits!!! Neely is glad JM is in her class! I wondered how you got such a happy picture of him when he was crying? haha.

Jane (Gran/Grams) said...

John Michael always loves anything with a steering wheel!! He looks so cute in every picture. And he is becoming such a good little helper....can I borrow him? haha