Thursday, August 20, 2009

Around the House

Last weekend we cleaned and got ready for a visit from Gran and Gamps.  They just left out today, so this weekend we will be cleaning and getting ready for a visit from Meme in the coming week!!  We had a great  visit with them and JM got lots of spoiling.   I'm sure the spoiling will continue while Meme is here, too!

Last weekend while we were putting things away and cleaning on the office/soon to be nursery John Michael got into a few things.  He discovered the rolling pin (you know, for all the homemade pie crusts and biscuits I make) and carried it around for a while!  Jordan showed him how it spins and he liked that!


 Next, in the office, he discovered Jordan's boxes of computer stuff and cables (that has yet to be removed and stored so I can work on the nursery....I digress)  John Micahel loves computer keyboards and laptops and things like that.



Hmmm...I wonder where he gets this fascination with electronics from?!  He's going to be so much like Jordan, I think.



He's always trying to figure out how our laptop works.  He looks at the front and then goes to the back to see if he can figure out how it works!  He's our baby genius...we're not biased at all!  Oh yeah, after he was done playing he sat on the keyboard!



After a little nap we got ready to go out and about and I had Jordan dress JM in his little blue and white gingham shirt...because it was the same shirt Jordan had on.  Can you notice how I don't have a picture of the two together?  I think Jordan did that on purpose!



JM has a new found love of yogurt burst Cheerios.  He never really liked them before, but he does now!



He also got into the cabinet and found a blow pop...I have no idea where it came from!



For some reason he looks really surprised here!  He looks like such a little man in this outfit!



I'm so behind on posting, but next time I post I'll have some news on some little teeth that might (finally) be coming through!  Also, I think JM has a cold and I might have a little one too, so we've all been a little under the weather and feeling icky.  JM's had fever and we had a bit of a rough night last night.  I'm glad tomorrow is Friday!


Verse O' the Day:



For nothing is hidden, except to be revealed; nor has anything been secret, but that it would come to light.

Mark 4:22

9 comments:

kimberly said...

That rolling pin is almost as big as he is....too cute. And I'm sure we would all love to have you share your biscuit and homemade pie crust recipes that you use it so often for... ;)

JM's facial expressions make me smile, always. He looks like a little man, sporting his polo button down!

Kacy said...

JM's hair looks so blond in those pictures and he is so grown up in that little shirt! And I'm sure he would LOVE that Blowpop. Isn't it amazing how they can find the ONE thing they're not supposed to have?

Erin said...

Love the gingham shirt! You always have him dress adorably!

Jane (Gran/Grams) said...

I've always loved that little button-down shirt on him. It makes him look like such a "big boy"....not that I am in favor of him growing up too much any time soon...haha. We had such a wonderful time there this week and it seems that since we returned home, all that we talk about is JM and all his new words and accomplishments (and teeth). We missed y'all before we even said goodbye. Glad that JM was feeling better yesterday and hope that you are feeling better too.
Have a good time with your mom next week!!!

Lindsey said...

Those are the cutest pictures ever of JM!!! Hope y'all feel better soon. I would be anxious to start on the nursery too. I am too familiar with computer junk around the house!

laurie said...

I love that blue gingham shirt. I bet Sk would love those yogurt burst cheerios.

Joan said...

Why do men insist on hording old computer junk? We have BOXES of old computer cords/keyboards/modems in a closet. It's like Clay's planning on making a robot someday or something. Geesh.

And the suprised look on JM is tooooooo cute.

Dana/Meme said...

I can't wait to get there and do some luvin' up on JM!!! Lots of neck kisses too - I know he will be thrilled.
We just miss all of you so much, so I am so glad to be flying up.
Adorable pictures - love the blow pop and rolling pin.
See y'all soon! Lots of love

vycebe said...

vycebe...

phim hongkong online ...