Wednesday, August 5, 2009

In 3 Years Time

Today is mine and Jordan's 3 year wedding anniversary.  Add about 7 years of dating to that and you get about 10 years together.  We can't believe how fast time is slipping through our hands.  Was it really almost 10 years ago that we went on our first date in high school?  Was it really 7 years ago that we were in college together going to ballgames, going on dates, and studying together?  And, was it really 4 years ago that I started planning our perfect wedding.  The answer seems to be "yes!"


So, in 3 years time we.....


Had a fabulous wedding and honeymoon



Dealt with being apart only a few months after we got married because of a family sickness that needed my immediate attention.  God walked with us through that the whole time.


Moved to Arkansas and got the cutest puppy in the world!



Bought our first home (it was under construction) and moved in mere weeks before John Michael was born...not a good idea



We got the privilege of becoming this little guy's parents.  I got to experience the agony and the ecstasy that a mostly natural birth can bring.  We also got the privilege of having him scream for 14 weeks.  We lived and so did he.



We got to watch him develop into this....the most beautiful, smart, and happy little baby we know.  Of course we're biased, we're his parents.



We got to take JM to his first Alabama homecoming game and show him around our favorite place: The University of Alabama campus.  This is the exact spot where we got engaged, by the way.



We got to experience the blessing beyong all belief that this little guy/girl is on the way.  We got to hear his/her heartbeat and see it on the ultrasound before we even knew he/she existed.  God's cool like that.



We got to take our fist big "real" family vacation to Disney World and man, did we have a good time.  John Michael kinda liked it too!



We invited this guy into our home and saw what a huge difference he can make, with a little work from us, of course.  We are still learning how to be good stewards over what God has graciously blessed us with. 


If you're unfamiliar with Dave Ramsey, I encourage you to check out the website to find out more about becoming financially free.  It will change your life, and I'm totally serious about this!  (I figured I'd get some brownie points from Jordan with this one!)



And most importantly, after spending a year and a half before the wedding living apart, we now get to be together all the time!  It sounds silly, but we're just happy to be together and be married.  God has been so good to us through the years. 


Happy Anniversary, Jordan.  I love you!


4 comments:

Dana/Meme said...

We want to wish you both a HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!
I do not know of 2 people who deserve a wonderful day to reflect back over your 3 years of marriage and also all the years your relationship was blooming and growing!
We just love you 2 being together - neither of you could have picked a more perfect mate for yourselves! You did good!!
HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!!
We love you both
and JM and "little no name" are like the best icing on that beautiful wedding cake!

Jane (Gran/Grams) said...

This has been the quickest 3 years ever! It seems only yesterday that you two were married in the most beautiful wedding ever. God definately blessed us all by arranging for you two to meet and marry. And now our blessings are multiplied several times over with the addition of JM, our newest addition to come, and of course Jackson. We hope you have a wonderful night out this weekend to celebrate.

Jordan Wigley said...

I love you too baby. I just now got a chance to read this, and it's absolutely the brightest part of my day today. It really put a huge smile on my face.

This has been the best 3 years of my life, without a doubt. And I can only look forward to all of the years that we'll be spending together for the rest of our life. I hope you had a good anniversary week, and I'm looking forward to going out on our "date night" tomorrow. Of course, we're doing it Dave Ramsey style.... thanks for the plug! :-)

Love you baby! -- Jordan

Julie Payne said...

Mary,
I adore your blog! And I am too a little biased because I have loved Jordan for years! I am so excited about your new baby! PLEASE find out what it is!! lol Your mother-in-law and I are dying to know!!!!