Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Clapper

Last Sunday John Michael turned 10 months old!  We were back home with family to celebrate with, so I decided to get a little cookie cake to mark the occasion!  I know I say it every month, but I still just can't believe that almost a whole year has flown by since JM was born.  It seems so surreal to think that in 2 months we will be celebrating our big boy's first birthday!



John Michael learned to clap on his 10 month birthday!  He just spontaneously started clapping at dinner.  He loves to do it now and he is so proud of himself!  He can "pat" and "clap" and "wave" (usually) on command now.



This is what happened when we tried to get a picture of him beside his "birthday" cookie:



This child knew he wanted him some icing right then and there.  Oh yes, he most definitely IS my child!




Lord only knows what this child's first birthday first-ever-cake-eating pictures will look like!  I'm kind of getting excited about his birthday in May! I'm already thinking about themes and ideas.  We're not doing anything too big but I still want it to be cute, cute, cute.  You only get one first birthday!  I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend.  I know we are!


Verse O' the Day:



But whoever keeps His word, in him the love of God has truly been perfected. By this we know that we are in Him.

1 John 2:5

4 comments:

Jane (Gran/Grams) said...

He is just so cute when he claps. You can tell by the smile on his face that he is so proud of his newest accomplishment. And the child doesn't stand a chance when it comes to sweets!! Those roots go back several generations! We are still waiting to see a picture of freshly groomed Jackson!! Love you all

Kelly said...

Love that little outfit! It goes by so fast doesn't it? I've already been thinking about Harper's 1st birthday and it's still 10 months away and I don't want to rush time.
John Michael is so cute!

Dana/Meme said...

It caught me quite by surprise. He took one look at that decorated cookie and quicker than anyone could have anticipated, he just scooped some of the icing with his big hand, and it was in his mouth! I think it was just by instinct, because he had never seen something like this, nor had he been given a little icing from cakes before. It comes from ALL sides of his family, I am afraid. Most true Southerns have "sweet tooths", so he comes by it naturally. He loved it too! So cute. And the clapping was hilarious! He had a big day.

Jordan Wigley said...

I love his clapping... it really surprised me when you all came back to Arkansas. Last night he just up and started clapping while I was bathing him with a huge smile on his face... which is saying a lot since he had just been screaming from exhaustion. I love it! :-)