Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Finally!

Better late than never.  After nearly 3 years of being married I finally got my bridal portrait framed.  Yes, finally.  It's done.  It's pretty darn big and it didn't fit on the wall that I thought it would so it now resides above our fireplace.



Can you see John Michael's electric piano to the left of the fireplace?  Reeeal classy.  I now have to figure out a way to decorate my mantle.  I seriously don't love what's up there right now.  I know I have a sense of style but I don't always know how to get there!  I'm working on it.


We would be outside on this beautiful day but John Michael had a fever when we got home from Bible Study this afternoon.  He's sleeping now so I hope that when he wakes up he will feel better.  Here are some pictures of the fun we had yesterday at our neighborhood park! 





And here's Jackson after our big day of visiting two parks and taking a walk:



If you'll notice he is no longer insanely long and hairy.  He's been to the groomer and is looking nice and spiffy with his close cut!



Verse O' the Day:

I know, O Lord, that a man’s life is not his own; it is not for man to direct his steps. Correct me, Lord, but only with justice—not in your anger, lest you reduce me to nothing.

Jeremiah 10:23-24

4 comments:

Jane (Gran/Grams) said...

I hate that our little man is sick again. I was hoping that all the virus bugs had vanished by now. Hopefully he will feel better in the morning. He looks like such a big boy going down the slide! And Jackson looks like a show dog!! I love the shorter hair cut. It reminds me of him when he was a puppy. Give JM a get-well kiss from me.

Jane (Gran/Grams) said...

PS...the frame you picked out really accentuates your portrait and even though you originally wanted it in the foyer, I think it looks great above the fireplace.

Lindsey said...

I think your portrait looks very nice. And Jackson's haircut is adorable! It looks like JM really likes the park.

Dana/Meme said...

Love everything about your bridal portrait - especially the fact that it is now framed and hung!!!
It looks gorgeous and I love the frame you picked out. Looks great over the fireplace.
JM is soooo cute playing at the playground. Just the beginning of many happy times with a child on a playground!
Hope JM feels better in the morning.
Love to all!