Friday, March 20, 2009

Seriously?

Seriously, this little dog is driving me crazy.  I don't want to sound mean but I don't know what's gotten into this little fluff:


Who knows if it's Spring Fever, or that his "humping pillow" got left behind in Alabama or the fact that he misses all the attention that he got for THREE whole weeks while we had grandparents around?  Anyway, he is constantly in my lap, or yipping for me to hold him, or licking behind my ears, or my feet or my cheek.  He is sleeping with us now and of course he sleeps on my side of the bed and he makes me SOO hot at night.  Last night he wouldn't settle down and go to sleep. He is starting to get up and get water or eat during the night, so of course he wants out to potty in the middle of the night.  


After having a baby that didn't sleep through the night for 5 months I am seriously not thrilled with getting up to let the dog out.  After his atrocious and annoying behavior trying to get him to go to sleep last night I told Jordan (at around 6 AM) he had better take Jackson to doggy day care on his way to work.  Since Jack started licking me around 5 or 6 and walking up me like a mountain and jumping on and off the bed I knew I had had enough and he would not be spending the day here with John Michael and myself.  No way. He is currently at daycare and he will spend the whole day there and then when he comes home tonight he will be SOO dog tired he'll sleep awesome!  It might be time to look into doggy prozac.  I think we've got major doggy anxiety problems going on.  Eh.



"Nat, pleeeease come get me and take me Alabama where there are no babies to steal the attention from me!"
"Nat, pleeeease come get me and take me to Alabama where there are no babies to steal the attention from me!"

On another note, John Michael finally broke his fever and started feeling better late Wednesday afternoon.  He was one sick guy.  He sat with his head on my chest for most of Tuesday and Wednesday.  Although I felt bad for him I was totally eating it up.  I can count on one hand how many times this child has let me just sit and rock him and hold him and put his head on my chest.  He's obviously not a snuggler and that's fine, but I was enjoying being able to just hold him!  He's doing well except he is starting to sound a bit wheezy which is weird because I thought he had the stomach bug.  Those two things aren't really connected.  I think that I hear a bit of inspiratory stridor/wheezing so I made an appointment for this afternoon to get his lungs checked out.  Let's hope he checks out all right!  He's the little booger reading the paper on Sunday!



Where are the sale papers?
Where are the sale papers?

And here's John Michael walking around the front sidewalk on Sunday afternoon!



"When can I walk all on my own?"
"When can I walk all on my own?"

I hope everyone has a happy Friday!  Fridays are great because that means the weekend is on its way!

Verse O' the Day:

Do not worry beforehand about what to say. Just say whatever is given you at the time, for it is not you speaking, but the Holy Spirit.

Mark 13:11

9 comments:

Lindsey said...

Where did you get JM's sweater? It is so cute. I love the pic of him looking at the paper!

Kelly said...

Love the argyle sweater!
I'm SO serious about this - maybe we should try having Jackson over one day to play with Dawson. He has been so depressed since coming home and not having his country cousins to play with. I wonder if they would play together? I'd gladly take him off your hand for a day.
It gets better - Dawson was like that and now he lays on the back of the couch all day and I hardly know he's here half the time. I feel so sad because he gets SO much less attention now.

Erin said...

I can totally relate to the doggie frustrations. arg!
JM looks SOOO adorable in the sweater! I love it!

mary said...

The sweater is from The Children's Place and was a gift from Gran!

Julie said...

I'm glad JM is feeling better!

Robin Harper said...

I LOVE his sweater!! So glad he's feeling better!

Jane (Gran/Grams) said...

Nat is soooo missing Jackson too! haha He wanted to call and talk to him today until I told him that Jack was at doggie daycare. Nat said to have Jack call him tonight!! haha Hopefully JM's lungs check out ok. And JM is "seriously" cute reading that paper!!! Tell Jack he better behave or he wll never get the humping pillow back....hehe. Love and kisses

Dana/Meme said...

I have the so-called "humping pillow" (although I do not like calling it that). Let's just say it is a special pillow with which Jackson likes to play. He is very fond of it, and it got left at my house - poor Jack.
Adorable sweater - new shoes? And the picture of the upside down newspaper is priceless. He'll be reading the funnies before you know it.
I think Kelly's idea of Jack visiting Dawson is great, if they do not drive her crazy, and be too much of a bother, with a baby to look after! Maybe they could comfort each other and form a good friendship and have other play dates!
Love to all!
(Kelly, you are brave to offer to have Jack over to play!)

Gamps said...

I think I am a dead man walking. I have my buddy Jack at home in Alabama now, and he is sooooooo filthy from working outside with me and Grams.

BTW, Jack never called me back