Monday, March 2, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day...again!

Last week with Jordan's mom and Nat up for a visit we were able to celebrate Valentine's Day for reals.  John Michael stayed at home and played with them while we headed to a surprise dinner date!  I love surprises so I was curious to see where we were going!  We headed to downtown Rogers and ended up at Belle Arti.  It was a quiet, old-style Italian restaurant.  We had a great time!  There were few people there so we took our time and had great conversation and ate some really great food.
Before leaving our little guy
Before leaving our little guy



We ate some seriously yummy crab cakes with a creamy shrimp sauce.  They were served on a pile of greens and were quite good!



I ordered eggplant parmesean and there was enough for two to split!  Jordan got sausage-stuffed manicotti and it was also great.




Since we were celebrating Valentine's Day and all....I ordered my very own dessert.  I told Jordan that I did not want to split a dessert with him.  I'll take my very own, thankyouverymuch.  Heaven most definitely is tiramisu with a coffee.  I added whipped cream and chocolate from my tiramisu into my coffee and it was extra YUM.  And, might I mention that I believe the tiramisu is homemade at Belle Arti.  It tastes like it is homemade and they told me that it was, so I believe them.  We thought all of our food was very good, so I think we'll be back



The restaurant was in a neat part of downtown.  It's so rare to find cool downtown restaurants anymore.  I thought the restaurant was very pretty and unique inside.  We had a great time!  Thanks, baby, for taking me on a surprise date!



---------------------------------------------


On a whim I decided to make the trip back home with Jordan's family.  They were set to leave us and head back home to Alabama and I thought John Michael and I would hitch a ride and come for a quick visit!  We are now home and we actually had a really great 12 hour car trip.  I always dread the trip with a baby but it turned out OK today!  I'm not sure what all kinds of trouble we'll get into while we're here, but I'm sure I'll be posting pictures along the way!  It will be so nice to visit with family!


Verse O' the Day:



This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.

1 John 4:10

7 comments:

Dana/Meme said...

The Italian Restaurant looks really good and the food delicious! Glad you got to go!!!
We are delighted to have you and JM - we all might not ever let you go - HA!
Looking forward to re-bonding with JM and watching all of his cute little antics! He is just precious.
Love to all!

Julie said...

Sounds fun. I've actually never been to Belle Arti--we'll have to check it out. It sounds like my favorite kind of restaurant--cozy, and Italian!

Joan said...

You're home? for how long?

kimberly t.bowling said...

Mary Avery----oh, tiramisu.....my favorite. Temple and I would drive to the Victoria in Anniston to eat for special occasions and I would almost always order their tiramisu. You are correct, that stuff is heaven on earth. I bet Mrs. Dana is so glad to have y'all home for a bit! :)

Jane (Gran/Grams) said...

We really enjoyed our visit with y'all. It was honestly one of the best weeks we've had in a long time!! JM is just pure joy to be with and is just the most precious baby ever!! Nat and I were talking last night and neither of us could believe how good he was on the trip home....strapped in a car seat for 12 hours and never even a whimper!! We are both in serious baby withdrawal today!!! haha But so glad that your family will be able to enjoy him this week. And.....we get to enjoy Jackson some more!
Love y'all

Kelly said...

I've eaten there - it's good!!!!
Hope you are having fun in AL!!!!!!!

Jordan Wigley said...

Hey baby! I had a great time with you at Belle Arti that night. It's not often we make it out now. I love spending family time together, but every now and then it's really fun to go out on a date night with you!

I hope you and JM (and Jack too) are having a fun time in Bama. I really miss you, and of course my little man too. Have a great trip, and I'll see you soon!

Love,
Jordan