Sunday, February 1, 2009

Wii had a fun weekend!

We've had a really nice weekend.  It was nice having Jordan home a few days this past week due to the snow.  John Michael and I always like it when Daddy's home during the week!  It's something new and breaks up the week.

Look what I got fandangled into this weekend:


Wii now have a Wii!!  I have to admit that it's kind of fun.  We've been playing bowling and tennis together.  I'm getting beat at most of the games but it's fun!  It gets us off the couch and off our bums.  My arm hurts though!


We also decided to go ahead and buy Fireproof.  It's such a good movie.  I recommend anyone to go rent it!  We actually started watching it in Sunday School today so we'll be watching it twice but we don't mind because it's such a great story.  Kirk Cameron is a really good actor, I have to admit.  I could see why I've heard people say that this movie saved their marriage.  It just reminds you to be mindful of your spouse and their needs and feelings.  It's kind of like when Dr. Laura  (yeah, yeah she's sometimes radical and crazy) tells people to become their husband's girlfriend...not their wife, but their girlfriend.  You know, when you're somebody's girlfriend you put make-up on and fix your hair and you tell him how cute and precious he is, you sit by him on the couch, make googley eyes at him, hold his hand for no reason and you fix his favorite dinner that his mama used to make him growing up.  Personally, I think it's a great mentality to live by!  I don't want to get any feminist comments on here about how I shouldn't cater to my husband and let him be the leader of my house, because hey, I used to be one of you.  I'm just saying that I'm respectful of him and he, I.  And that's the end of my marriage advice!  I'm such an expert, being married 2 and a half years and all.


Anywho, look at these great ties that we got Jordan at Penney's for $3 a piece.  I'm not even kidding.  They were originally $38 each.  I think they're good looking and if he only wore some of them once then we got our money's worth.  I think they'll be nice for spring. (I got his permission to post his tie bargain!)




Also, I thought I would share another quick and easy recipe.  I made this one up while I was on Weight Watchers and I like it because it only has 3 ingredients and it's fairly fast to throw together.  You know how I like easy meals.  It's not the most sophistocated of meals, but it works for us!

"Fake" Chicken Parmesean


Makes 2 servings


2 Morning Star chicken veggie patties  (They taste like REAL breaded chicken to me, I don't taste the veggie)


Spaghetti noodles


Spaghetti sauce - about a cup


Parmasean cheese


Bake frozen "chicken" patties at 375 for about 16 minutes.  Boil noodles and heat sauce while patties are cooking in the oven.  Layer noodles, "chicken" patty and top with spahgetti sauce and a sprinkle of parmesean cheese.



All of your ingredients for one meal
All of your ingredients for one meal


This recipe is about 8 Weight Watcher points.  Not too shabby.  It would great paired with a salad and a piece of garlic bread!  I'll post more pictures tomorrow from our Sunday School Super bowl party.  We had a great time with our class!  Also, we are trying Gymboree this week. I figured it would be a good way to get us through winter and have some place fun to go indoors.  I know it will be fun if we can keep whatever kind of little cough at bay that popped up today for John Michael.

Verse O' the Day:

Brothers, if someone is caught in a sin, you who are spiritual should restore him gently. But watch yourself, or you also may be tempted.

Galatians 6:

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

You will have lots of fun with the Wii!

We are going to see Fireproof this Friday at my parent's church. I am really looking forward to it.

What a nice deal on the ties!

I have tried Boca Burgers before but I have never tried Morning Star patties. I will have to get some.

Kacy said...

I hope you like Gymboree - one of my friends, Tami, is an owner & I've promised her as soon as Wells is crawling, we'll start. It would be fun to get to go together!

Dana/Meme said...

Your Chicken Parmesan looks really good! Do you think I could get away with the veggie chicken patties with your dad and brothers? doubt it
I hope JM loves Gymboree and gets lots of his little "energies" and curiosities worked out and meets some sweet little friends.
Cannot wait to give your dad the DVD of "Fireproof" I purchased for him for Valentine's Day. Looking even more forward to watching it! Beats candy, I think! But might have to have a little sinfully rich chocolate too!
Kiss the little bugger on his chubby little cheeks for me.
I miss you all!