Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Happy Belated Birthday

After some gentle prodding and a few nice reminders from me, my husband still has not written a birthday shoutout to his Mom for her birthday, which was last Thursday.  We didn't have power that day, so that's one reason why it never got done!  Also, her cards from us were a mere 5 days late because of the ice.  So, without further ado, Happy Birthday Jane!

Happy Birthday to my mother-in-law, Jane.  She is a wonderful cook, faithful blog follower, and great mom and Gram.  I've never seen anyone so excited to be a grandmother!  She sure did something right raising this guy:


Jane used to live in Virginia while we were in college so I only got to see her at Christmas, Thanksgiving, etc.  Jane and Nat now live back home in Alabama and have a house one block away from my parents.  It makes things SO easy and fun just to be about 20 seconds away from each house while we're back home.  No schlepping baby gear, bags, and baby food back and forth and packing up the car for each trip!  Their new house has a pool and I would be willing to bet that if I lived anywhere within 3 hours of them, John Michael and I would be camped out there ALL summer long!  I do so love lolling about in the sun.  I look so much better with a tan, anyway.  Happy Birthday Jane.  WE hope you had a wonderful day!  Thank you for always opening your heart and house to us and also my whole side of the family!




In other news, John Michael has a really bad cold and we ended up at the doctor's office today just to check up on his ears and lungs.  So far everything is clear so we'll just need a few days to ride out the nasty ole cold virus.  He has a really bad cough to go along with it.  I sure am hoping that he's better tomorrow. 

Since we don't have anything new or interesting going on I'm going to post some pictures of John Michael from a few weeks ago while he was "walking" in his little walker. He used to could only go backwards but now he can go forwards and angle his way through doorways to follow you around.  It's so cute and funny. 



JM found a way to "walk" into our bedroom and he tried so hard to pick up this whole laundry basket!
JM found a way to "walk" into our bedroom and he tried so hard to pick up this whole laundry basket!

He knows how to go straight for the dog bowls and run into them so they clank together!
He knows how to go straight for the dog bowls and run into them so they clank together!


Verse O' the Day:

No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him.

1 Corinthians 2:9

2 comments:

Jane (Gran/Grams) said...

I'm not sure that I am worthy of such glowing accolades, but thank you! I love being a mother, but I LOVE being a grandmother. It seems only yesterday that God allowed your mom and I to make a rushed trip to Arkansas in time to witness the birth of our precious grandson(well maybe the late epidural helped too)....haha. You're not only a daughter-in-law, you're a best friend and I couldn't have hand-picked a better mother for my grandson. I am also proud of my son....the husband, father, and man he has become. I hope that JM's cold and cough is better today. We can't wait to be out there and see him scooting around in that walker!!! Love you all so very much.
Grams

Julie said...

Poor baby--he's been on and off sick for several days! I hope he gets to feeling better soon!