Friday, February 13, 2009

Artsy Crafty

I decided to get all crafty here lately.  I worked pretty hard (and had to start over once) on painting John Michael a little sign with his name on it for his room.  It came out pretty cute except I have terrible handwriting! I might frame it, I can't decide.

 I've never painted anything before, so I was pretty proud on how it came out....considering I don't paint!



I also decided to use up some of my Christmas decorations to make a wreath for the front door.  If you''ll recall, I had this on our mantle for Christmas:



It is now this on our front door:




I'm still trying to figure out what to do with those little feathers.  I got an idea from Laurie's house and I'm probably going to copy her.  She has some feathers poking out of a cute little decorative vase and I think that's the perfect idea for my lonesome little Christmas feathers!


--------------------------------------------------------


Check out John Micheal last Sunday at church wearing his new outfit that my grandmother made just for him!  It was very Valentiney and a little Roll Tidey!  We put the little Alabama bib on him and it matched perfectly!




This was JM after a long day in the nursery.  We found him like this afer Sunday School:



That child was pooped out!  He had just fallen asleep like that when we got down to the nursery!


Lately, John Michael is pretty good at using his walker.  He can navigate around and go around corners.  I took a bunch of pictures of him walking around the kitchen and crashing into the dog bowls.  He just loves that!





JM with his Valentine present from Meme!
JM with his Valentine present from Meme!

We were supposed to leave John Michael at Parent's Night Out at church and celebrate Valentine's Day with a special dinner.  I'll write about it later, but we've been to the doctor 3 times within 1 week, changed antibiotics, been through a lot of diapers, and now have a nebulizer.  Needless to say, we're not really "celebrating" Valentine's Day this year.  We're getting take-out for Saturday so I don't have to cook on Valentine's!  Celebrating Valentine's is really about being with the one you love, right?  I wouldn't want to be anywhere else than with Jordan, and of course John Michael!

Verse O' the Day:

A man’s steps are from the LORD; how then can man understand his way?

Proverbs 20:24

5 comments:

Julie Payne said...

Mary,
John Michael is precious! His daddy is pretty special to me too! He survived a week at the beach with our girls calling him "Mister"! lol I enjoy your blog!!

Dana/Meme said...

JM's outfit looks so cute!! The picture of him "pooped out" in the nursery is adorable - he looks so long! And I am glad we are finally getting to see some pictures in the walker - post more!
I love the name sign you made - don't ever say you aren't creative, because you are (you take after your grandmother Ruth). And the wreath is cute, the feathers will look good!
Love on this Valentine's Day to you all!

laurie said...

You did Excellent on you name sign!

Jane (Gran/Grams) said...

We loved the pictures of him at Sunday School playing and then all pooped out! His little Valentine outfit was sooo cute! You did a great job on his name sign. It will look great in his room. It's amazing what you can do when your baby actually starts taking naps...haha.The flowers on the wreath look great too. We can't wait to see him zooming around in his walker.
Big hugs and lotsa love on this Valentine's Day.

Dana/Meme said...

Carolyn thinks JM looks really tall/long in the Sunday School pictures too!!
Hope you all were able to have some type of a Valentine's Day!!
And hope JM's cold is much improved!