Friday, February 6, 2009

Sunday School Madness

Sunday night we had our Sunday School get together for the Super Bowl and last night we had a baby shower for Robin!  We have the world's best Sunday School class.  It is such a lovely group of ladies to be around.  Everyone was so welcoming when we were so new to class.  I hate to admit it, but I had not been in Sunday School in a really, really long time.  I won't say how long, but it was a loong time!  We had been in church, but never joined a Sunday School class.  My dad was right when he kept saying, you have to join a Sunday School class.  I now see why!  We didn't know what we were missing by JUST going to church.  I encourage anyone to do the same.




Elizabeth holding Kinley



Check out Kinley and her totally blinging shoes.  I can't wait to have a girl one day.  I can't put crystals on JM.
Check out Kinley and her totally blinging shoes. I can't wait to have a girl one day. I can't put crystals on JM.

I didn't go upstairs to the "man cave" to get pictures of the guys.  I'm sure they would have been thrilled.


The theme of Robin's nursery and shower was airplanes.  Her bedding is so cute and she is so creative and can make just about anything!  If you'll remember, she's the one who makes the cookies that look like pieces of artwork and no one wants to eat them because they're so cute!




These are the cookies that Robin did for Erin's shower for Kinley!  Aren't they cute?  She should SOO start a bakery!
Robin with the table o food!
Robin with the table o food!



[caption id="attachment_531" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="The cute centerpiece with planes that Kacy made!"]The cute centerpiece with planes that Kacy made![/caption]




[caption id="attachment_532" align="alignnone" width="225" caption="So cute!"]So cute![/caption]




[caption id="attachment_533" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Neely and Amanda"]Neely and Amanda[/caption]




[caption id="attachment_534" align="alignnone" width="225" caption="Vonda, expecting in May, and Jessica"]Vonda, expecting in May, and Jessica[/caption]




[caption id="attachment_535" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Opening the presents!"]Opening the presents![/caption]



[caption id="attachment_536" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="I made the punch and the ice ring turned out pretty good."]I made the punch and the ice ring turned out pretty good.[/caption]




[caption id="attachment_537" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="The sugar cookies that I made in the shapes of airplanes!"]The sugar cookies that I made in the shapes of airplanes![/caption]



Recipe Time:


"Country Club" Punch

2 containers white grape juice

2 bottles of ginger ale (and then add a little more)

That's it!

-As for the ice ring, I put white grape juice in a bundt pan and then added lime, lemon, and star fruit slices and froze it.

I have gotten some compliments on this sugar cookie recipe.  I took some to the Super Bowl party on Sunday and everyone liked them.  They're easy to make and the dough is easy to cut out into shapes!  I got this recipe on allrecipes.com

Smooth Sailing Sugar Cookies (I cut this recipe in half and it made about 14 cutouts) My WordPress is not letting me put spaces down here at the bottom for some reason.  Sorry the sentences are so smashed together.

INGREDIENTS    

  • 1 cup butter (no substitutes), softened

  • 3/4 cup sugar

  • 1 egg

  • 2 tablespoons milk

  • 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract

  • 3 cups all-purpose flour

  • 1 teaspoon baking powder

  • 1/2 teaspoon salt

  • FROSTING:

  • 1 cup confectioners' sugar

  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract

  • 1/4 teaspoon salt

  • 1 tablespoon milk

  • Food coloring



Happy Friday!









4 comments:

Robin Harper said...

The cookies were so cute and so yummy!! And so was the punch! Everything was great, thank you SO much, I really appreciate it!

Kelly said...

You are right - we DO have the best SS class!!!!! We love it so much. I miss not being at all of these fun activities! I'm glad Robin had a good shower! I hope to see everyone soon!!!!!
P.S. Those cookies are awesome - you are martha stewart Mary Avery!!!

kimberly t.bowling said...

Your cookies look great, Mary Avery. And thanks for posting the recipe, I always love new recipes. From time to time I do something we call "cooking camp" with our kids here at the house. We started it last summer and they LOVE it. I will definitely try this cookie recipe out with them so they can make their own creations!

Deedra said...

You are so right about joining a Sunday School class! Or any group within a church for that matter. It's such a great way to bond with people in your church. People who will love on you through every good time and bad time!

Your cookies look great! I love to cook, but I have a serious issues when it comes to baking! Nothing ever turns out quite like I dream it will.

Have a great weekend!