Monday, August 9, 2010

Playing in the Rain & Our Anniversary!

Last week John Michael came down with the stomach bug.  I went into freak out mode.  I HATE the stomach bug and the last one we had was by far the worst I've ever had, so I was really nervous that we would all catch it.  So far, we're all good.  He didn't feel good for about two days.  All of this happened to fall right on our four year wedding anniversary!  We thought for sure there would be no way we would be going anywhere to celebrate because we figured JM would still be sick or we'd be sick with it too.  Luckily, by the end of the second day JM was much better!

Because Uncle Judd is still here visiting, he offered to watch the baby monitors for us so we could go out to eat.  We were so excited to break free for just 2 hours or so!  We thought we wouldn't be able to go out to celebrate at all so we were thrilled to be able to go eat together.

Poor JM didn't feel well at all!



My brother has a friend that just happened to move up here this week so I got Robin to make her some cookies to welcome them to our area.  How cute are they?!  I know she liked them and was so surprised to get cookies her first week in a new place.  It's hard to move somewhere where you don't know a soul.



Even though JM was still a bit sick I let him go out and play in the rain.  I asked him if he wanted to go out and watch the storm (no thunder or lightning in sight!) and he said "Papa!"  I'll tell you why: While we were back home visiting there was a horrible storm that blew up.  Dad had been outside working in the yard and garden so he just stayed outside and sat on the back porch to watch it.  I don't know if this is normal or not, but I do the same thing.  Bad weather coming?  Oh, let me go outside and see what's happening with it!  I guess I get it from him.  Back to my story, so JM sat outside with dad and eventually got brave enough to creep out from under the porch and he played and played in the rain!  He had the best time.  I'm glad that even though he's young, he's starting to make connections and remember his grandparents!



He had a great time and it was nice to get out of the house for just a little bit!  It cooled everything down too!!



So, we did end up getting to go out after all.  We have been married for 4 years now!  We dated for nearly 7 and every year just gets better and better.  God has been so good to us and I can't wait to see what He's got up His sleeve for us in the years to come.  I'm so lucky to have found my guy, and such a great guy at that!


3 comments:

Laurie said...

Happy Anniversary! Those cookies are really cute!

Jordan Wigley said...

Thanks for the kind words baby! I love you too, and look forward to all the years ahead of us!

I hope you have a great day today. Love you!

kimberly said...

Happy Anniversary....that's a great picture of you two! Loved the cookies, what a neat and thoughtful idea!!