Friday, August 13, 2010

How I Make Walgreens Work For Me

Last week I did a Walgreens run and I did really well, but I was too tired from John Michael having the stomach bug to do a post about it.  So, this week I decided to take a picture and show how I make Walgreens (some weeks) work for me. I have been away from my coupons and my Walgreens ad for a few months now, so I have been ready to get back into it! 

We mainly use Register Rewards in combination with coupons to be able to get great deals on diapers.  With two in diapers it's essential that we not spend a ton on diapers if we can help it.  Here's how I do it:

This week I had $5 in Register Rewards lefover from last week's transactions added into this transaction. 


-Lysol toilet bowl cleaner - buy one get one free for $2.99 (plus a coupon for $1.00 off when you buy two)


-Venus razor system -$8.99 then $3 in Register Rewards (plus a coupon for $2 off)


-Duracell batteries - $5.99 plus $1 in Register Rewards (plus a coupon for $0.75)


Total: $10.84 with $4 in Register Rewards on our next transaction



Onto the next transaction:


We then took our $4 in Register Rewards and applied it to:


-Pampers - 10.49 (plus a coupon for $1.50 off)


-I also had a coupon for "buy any Pampers, get a Pampers wipe FREE!!" so the wipes were free


-Total $8.91 for 2 packs of gum, Pampers, and Pampers wipes.


One important thing to remember is if you are laying down what I call "pieces of paper" you have to have at least that many items .  For example, we had 2 separate Register Rewards coupons, plus 2 different Pampers coupons, so we had to make sure we checked out at least that many items.  A lot of times I'll add in paper clips or a pack of gum to have enough items for how many "pieces of paper" I'm presenting the clerk with.  I hope that's not too confusing!  I get so confused half the time when I do this!  On this transaction I added in two packs of gum for Jordan to make it 4 items that we were checking out!  After our transaction the computer printed out a $1 off Pampers coupon for me to use next time, so that was a plus!


A lot of weeks it's not really worth it, but then some weeks they really have some good deals that work for us.  One thing that helps us a lot is that my grandfather faithfully sends me all of the coupons from Sunday's paper every week.  This helps so much because he gets multiple papers, so a lot of time I get multiple coupons and I can do the same transaction twice to get a great deal plus more register rewards!


Have a happy weekend!  I hope I've inspired you to pick up a Walgreens ad on Sunday!

2 comments:

Jenna said...

Great job MA!! I think I received some Pampers coupons when I checked out. We use Huggies so if I still have them I will bring them to church tomorrow for you!

Kimberley said...

Hi there, coming over from Jenna's Journey.

I like a good bargain like the rest of them, however, Walgreens has always intimated me, but I might give it another try. :)

Your little boys are precious. I recognize the Square, I live in B'ville too. :)

Oh, and those Arkansas cookies are too cute! How fun!