Friday, August 27, 2010

Mother's Day Out - So I Don't Forget!

I'm so tired but I really need to make sure I make this post tonight so I won't forget all the little things from John Michael's first day of "school"!  He's going to be going to his very first Mother's Day out on Fridays, and it's our first time to be separated for any length of time. I'm a little sad about it because it just means that time is flying on by and he's just not so little anymore.  Sadness...

Jordan went to work a little late this morning so we could go as a family and drop JM off.


It made me feel so much better because he was so excited to go to "chuch" to go to school. 



For once in our lives we were EARLY!  I couldn't believe we got there before the doors opened.  This will not happen again; mark my words.



Oh my, this picture is just bad in so many ways, but the main way that screams out to me is "honey, those bags and dark circles under your eyes aren't going away anytime soon."  It's no surprise I don't get a lot of sleep these days!  Anyway, John Michael ran right into his room and started playing with the cars.  He said "bye, Nana!" and so I said Bye! and off I went!



Sooo....while brother's away, Matthew will play!  After we dropped JM off Matthew and I headed home for some breakfast and tea.  My big hope was that I was going to put Matthew down for a long morning nap and I was going to clean, clean and clean some more.  Basically, that didn't happen.



Matthew played pretty hard and made a general mess of things....



He spilled a TON of water out of Jack's bowl.  That took two towels to clean up!



He creates general mayhem wherever he goes.  He's awesome!



"Who, me?!"



John Michael did great today!  I wanted to make sure I wrote down the things he told us because I know that tomorrow I won't remember:


-We asked him all about his day and even though he can't really tell me tons of details in sentences, he did tell me he went "night night".  He also kept saying "shhhh" after he said that and I finally figured out that the teachers were probably telling them to shhhhh at naptime!  Tonight, he kept getting on the floor and laying down and saying, night, night...shhhhh!


-He told me "eat" and that he had ketchup; which he did!


-We asked him what friends were there and of course, he said Sarah Kate.  I was so glad to see her in his room this morning.  He also kept saying "night night Sarah Kate!"


-JM also told us he played today!


-They said he ate great and he also colored a picture that they sent home with him.  He is becoming a little artist lately!


I think in this picture below he's thinking about his day at school!



I'm so glad he did well, it's a load off my shoulders.  I'm going to have to come up with another way to get my house clean, but I'm just thinking it's not really going to happen on Fridays with Matthew around.

3 comments:

Julie said...

I just laughed reading this. I love all the pictures of Matthew's path of destruction! I'm so glad JM loved MDO. What a relief for you, I'm sure. I know you will enjoy a little time with just Matthew.

Jane (Grams, GaGa) said...

I loved the pictures of JM going to school!! I enjoyed hearing of his day through "his words". Just precious. And your tales of "Mischievious Matthew" gave me insight to his (and your) day! He is such a busy little boy, but that is part of what makes him so loveable!!! Hope y'all have a wonderful weekend.

Jordan Wigley said...

Love the post, baby! It is always a joy to start out my day looking at yours and the boys pictures, while eating my breakfast.

And I have to say... WOW, the pictures do not do justice for the path of destruction Matthew can leave! While you were at the Rhea Lana sale yesterday and it was just the two of us for a couple of hours while JM slept, I think I got about a dozen more gray hairs! :-)

I've said it before, but I just don't think I could be a stay-at-home dad. God must give moms some kind of natural ability to deal with this kind of activities all day. I love my children, and I love spending time with them... but at this age, they are a handful by yourself.

You ARE super-mom to handle them day in and day out while I am at work. Thanks for all you do! I love you!