Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Coupon Mom

*Update  I had Jordan take my Wal-Greens picture for me because I was busy doing baby stuff, and apparently as I quickly uploaded a picture today I did not check it to see what he actually took a picture of!  We do different transactions to get the register rewards and I thought he was taking a picture of our $20 transaction but he was taking a picture of ALL 3 of our transactions that day.  We just weren't on the same page!  Woops.  My bad; hey I'm busy!  We still got fantastic deals that day.  Here's what we did:

Transaction #1

Pampers $10              $2 off coupon
Pampers $10              $2 off coupon            
Cereal $2                   $0.55 off coupon
Cereal $2                   $0.55 off coupon
Milk $3
----------------
$21.90 after coupons   (Keep in mind 2 packs of Pampers at Wal-Mart would cost that much)
$5.50 back to us in register rewards to be used toward another transaction.

Transaction #2

We did the exact same transaction as above again, but with different coupons for different cereal.
----------------
$21.00 after coupons
$5.50 back to us in register rewards

Transaction #3

deodorant       $3.99       Buy 2 get 1 free coupon for deodorant
deodorant       $3.99
deodorant       $3.99
Crest               $2.50      $0.50 off coupon
toothbrush     $2.50       $0.75 off coupon
Always            $5.49       coupon for free smaller pack of Always
Tampax           $6.99      coupon for free smaller pack of Tampax
Dawn               $0.99      $0.25 off coupon
-----------------------
$30 spent, as per Wal-Greens special you get a free Tide
$13.95 after all coupons PLUS register rewards from earlier 2 transactions

$56 total for the WHOLE thing.  I am SO sorry if I misled anyone.  Like I said, we still got great deals that day!  I still think it's pretty good considering the 4 packs of Pampers would be around $40!  Once again, sorry everybody!

So, for example, if you buy something and get back $2 or $3 in register rewards PLUS your $2 off Pampers coupon, you can get Pampers for half price.  That's how we roll!

 

Just call me coupon mom.  After a few complicated transactions at Wal-Greens, we got all this stuff below for $20!

I had coupons for everything and a lot of them were buy one get one free.  We also got 2 gallons of milk plus the Tide was completely free!  We used register rewards and coupons to get such good deals.  Wal-greens has some decent stuff this week, also.  If we don't get snowed in this week I plan on making another trip!

We discovered that by using their register rewards plus coupons you can get diapers for next to nothing!

 



 Verse O' the Day:


I thank my God every time I remember you.



Philippians 1:3

7 comments:

Jane (Grams, GaGa) said...

Great job dear! And the Dave Ramsey plan rolls on...hehe! I think this was one of your best trips yet. Keep up the good work. I know it takes time and effort, but you make it worthwhile!

Robin said...

Wow, very impressive!!! I need you to give me some lessons in scoring these deals. I keep wishing I had the time to sit down and figure it out.

Vonda said...

I need to get in on this coupon thing at Wal-greens. Way to go!!!

Jenna said...

You MUST explain how this works! I rarely go to Walgreens but if diapers are a steal then its on my list!

Dana/Meme said...

Well done, my dear. You take after your grandfather in this regard. You need to thank him for the coupons he sends you!
Girls, get your families to clip for you as it really helps!
Does a store up there double the coupons? They do here, so that is profitable too.
Keep at it - way to go!!
Love to all......................

courtney stephenson said...

Can you post how you did this? I've been trying to figure it out!

Erin said...

So impressed! Need lessons!