Saturday, January 1, 2011

Yet Another Christmas Post

This should be my last Christmas post!  Whew!  I wanted my family to see that I knew how to make my very own Christmas dinner!  I was a bit nervous about making my own ham, etc. but I ended up doing OK and it all turned out all right!  I made a few things the night before, so that helped.



First things first, I made my very first homemade hot chocolate and it was soooo good!  We put the boys down for nap and curled up on the couch with our homemade peppermint hot chocolate while we watched HGTV's Crazy Christmas Lights show and the White House Christmas show. 



I wanted to make a Coca-Cola ham (Coke was a recurring them in our Christmas dinner this year, I don't know why!) so I look around online and found a recipe adapted from a Martha Stewart recipe.  I believe it was called How to Make a Coca-Cola ham for Lazy People.  I was all over that.


I also made my favorite slow-cooker mac n cheese!  It is so easy and sooo good!



I was so pleasantly surprised to see that everything turned out really good.  Even the ham!  I don't even like ham usually, but it was quite good!  We're keeping it real classy here with our Wonder Pets telephone in the background!



Here's Matthew enjoying his Coca-Cola salad.  He went directly into the bathtub after this.  We about had to hose him off to get all the jello off of him so that we could even bathe him!



And last, but not least, we enjoyed Coca-Cola cake for dessert...I told you we had a Coca-Cola themed Christmas dinner!  I made it the night before, almost cried because I messed up the recipe, and then decided we would eat it anyway.  It was pretty good, but it could have been more moist!



John Michael enjoyed his Coca-Cola cake!



And just for fun.....



Matthew's curls were out of control on Christmas night!  They were so stinkin' cute!



And here's John Michael trying on Mr. Potato Head glasses!  I don't think they quite fit.



Happy New Year!!

2 comments:

Dana/Meme said...

I am sooooo proud of you for cooking such a wonderful Christmas dinner. All 3 of the "cocola" recipes look exactly like they are supposed to. I know the boys enjoyed the good meal their mommy cooked for them!
I cannot believe Matthew got so messy - I guess he did need hosing down. I don't know if any of you 3 ever got THAT messy!
I know how tired you are, but you made such a lovely Christmas "everything" for your family. Now it is time for some "preggo mommy" rest!!! Please take care of yourself!!!!!!
Thanks for the sweet Christmas presents your sent to us! We love them. We missed y'all greatly at Christmas (and all the time for that matter). Hope some of us can get out there REAL soon - we are having separation anxiety!!
Love to you all!!!!!!!!

Jane (Gaga) said...

I will attest to the fact that your ham and sides and dessert were all great when we ate them on Sunday night. Even though I may be predjudice....I believe JM and Matthew are the cutest kids in the world even wearing Potato Head glasses or jello!!