Sunday, January 9, 2011

A Whole Lotta Nothing!

I have no blogged or done much of anything here lately.  I have been completely and utterly exhausted. Exhausted!  I keep hoping that wonderful second semester rush will hit me and I'll start to feel better.  Maybe in another week or two.  Until then, there will be laundry not done, toys on the floor, a really messy kitchen, and a mama who heads for bed around 8:30 every night!  Soooo tired but as with any pregnancy issue, it's soo worth it for that sweet little one! 

Luckily, I have a wonderful husband who picks up so much slack for me and helps me out even after he's had a long, hard day at work himself.  What a blessing he is to me!  He never says no and always asks what he can do for me.  I love him dearly!

Since I've just been trying to survive each day with a 2 and a 1 year old I haven't been taking many pictures at all lately!  I need to do a better job of that!

Matthew fell asleep during lunch the other day!  He was out!  He's in that inbetween napping stage after they hit 1 and they still sort of need a morning nap, but some days they don't.  I don't like that stage.



We've also been reading and reading and reading our beloved "Pete the Cat" book that Uncle Judd got the boys for Christmas.  If you're not familiar with Pete the Cat you should check it out on YouTube!  We watch it every single night and the boys love it!  Matthew constantly goes to the laptop and says "Peeeete!"  We have the book and two Pete dolls!


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUubMSfIs-U


Unfortunately, he has also ripped two pages now so we may have to get another book.



We've been so bored we've been playing in laundry baskets...



 but hey, it kept them entertained for quite some time!



Jordan took John Michael to a park one Saturday while I stayed home to let Matthew take a nap.  I got some things done around the house and they had a great time!  The weather was so pretty that day!



I made corn chowder (or chow-dah! as I kept calling it) and made Mom's cornbread to go along with it.  I ate about 4 bites and Jordan ate the rest of it.  Dinnertime is not my best time of day.



This precious little one has been getting into lots, and lots, and lots of mischief lately.  He's got a very distinct personality that is very different from John Michael, so I'm learning to be the mom of a baby who is very destructive and into lots of things.  He's so cute and sweet though, how can I resist?!



John Michael keeps trying to wear my sunglasses (or gasses as he calls them) and then he puts them on Matthew when he's done!



Here's my sweet 2 1/2 year old going to be a haircut with Daddy on Saturday!  He was so good the whole time they were there!  He ate his snack while Jordan got his hair cut and then sat so patiently for his haircut!  Time is moving too quickly!


4 comments:

Jane (Gaga) said...

I agree....they are both growing up so quickly. Both of them are just so sweet and I love them both so much. Thanks for the posting! Get as much rest as you can and hope you have more energy very soon.
Love you all!!

Judd said...

MJ's face in the 4th picture is awesome. I can't tell if he is having fun or about to cry.

Dana Maxwell/Meme said...

just tape the pages of the Pete book back, keep taping, and let it last as long as possible!
love the pictures - post an after-haircut of JM
laundry baskets are lots of fun for play - they make good little sleds too! even a larger sized card board box entertains well
for a change

Beth said...

The corn chowder looks amazing... will you share the recipe??