Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A Trip to the Firestation!

Last week our playgroup met up at our local firestation!  It is really nice and new so I was excited to go check it out.  John Michael was pretty excited too!  He really loves fire trucks and we read Curious George and the Fire Fighters almost everyday! 

They have a really cool restored fire truck in the lobby.  All the kids enjoyed looking at it and touching it!

 


Both boys were in their fire truck shirts for the occasion!



John Michael liked the big rocking chairs in the lounge!



Then we got to the best part:  The heated indoor garage that housed all the fire trucks, vehicles, and ambulances!



John Michael was in heaven looking at all the fire trucks!!



The best part was when they let them each get in there and "drive" the fire truck....



his smile says it all!  He loved, loved it so much!  He is still talking about the fire trucks and "amalances" that he saw!



Right after this the fire alarm went off so we had to get out of there pronto!  The other group that was with us didn't get to finish their tour.  I know their kids were sad about that!  We had a great time and I was glad to go do something different.  Next, all of us headed to Chick-Fil-A.  We took up almost the whole restaurant!  Both boys ate well and played their hearts out.


Matthew, my daredevil child, had to be retrieved not once, but twice from the very top where he had climbed to.  He also made it to the top of the enclosed slide and went down head first on his own!  I don't know what I'm going to do with him!



 


Also, last week I decided with all this cold weather that I wanted to make a really hearty meal to warm us up.  I made Pioneer Woman's meatballs and homemade mashed potatoes.  I've never been any good at making mashed potatoes...ever!  These came out so great and just perfect.  It was a really good meal!  The meatballs were wonderful too!  Yummy Pioneer Woman!!


1 comments:

Jane (GaGa) said...

That was a really fun field trip for playgroup. I'm sure they all enjoyed it as much as JM! The meatballs and potatoes look yummy! Pioneer Woman has some great recipes. I love my cookbook! I know Jordan loved it!!!