Monday, January 10, 2011

Some Snow & A Check-Up

No rain, snow, fog or sleet could keep me from my 16 week OB check-up this morning!  We only had a slight dusting this morning, so this girl from Alabama decided that I could probably drive to my appointment.  Before we left, it started snowing pretty heavily and I got scared! 

I do not drive if anything white or icy is falling from the sky...that's my rule!  But, I was so excited to go hear the baby's heartbeat that I decided to go against my own rule and risk it!  I left Matthew at his friend's down the road and John Michael went with me.  He acted just great and was so sweet the whole time.  He even pottied twice at the doctor's office!


So I braved it and drove super slow and got us there safely!  I'm pretty proud of myself.  And yes, I know this snow is nothing compared to what our family has in Alabama right now, but it's at least a little bit!


So, onto the drama at the OB office.  Just like my last appointment, they could not find a heartbeat.  I had a mini freak out heart attack while I waited for the ultrasound machine and the doctor.  He immediately got a fantastic image of our little one kicking around, sucking its thumb and moving everywhere.  I breathed a huge sign of relief and said so many prayers of thanksgiving.  The heartbeat was 156 and just from a quick look, everything looked as it should!  I was measuring right under 15 weeks, so that's right on!  I was glad for a healthy check-up and a safe trip driving in the snow!

1 comments:

Danielle said...

Hi! I've read your blog for a while now. I think I found you through Kelly's Korner. Your boys are just adorable! And congratulations on your newest upcoming arrival! I am pregnant as well and it sounds like our babies are due around the same time. I have a due date of July 12th, but will likely have the baby at the end of June. Hope all continues to be well with your pregnancy and family!