Friday, December 31, 2010

Let's Back Up A Bit!

I already did my Christmas post, but I wanted to make sure I go in our pre-Christmas festivities also!  On the 23rd we decided to have a few couples over that also were not having a lot of family come in for the holidays.  Everyone brought something and we hosted in our home.  We had a fantastic night and everything was so good!

Since I had to clean and get the house ready for that night I let the boys kind of play with whatever.  Matthew discovered the guest bathroom shower.  He had never really even been in there before and so he was so excited to discover a new place to play!

 Who knew an empty shower stall could hold so much fun?!



 Peek-a-boo!



 John Michael was ready for Christmas too!  I love his Santa shirt!



Since I only had under 24 hours to really get the house together, I did a few home-made decorations with things that I had around the house.  We provided the drinks, so I made cranberry ice cubes the night before and I made a cute little display of lights and greenery under my drink dispenser. 



 I also used things that I had around the house to make a centerpiece for our table.  We already had oranges and cloves and cranberries so I made them into a cute display with some greenery.  Matthew painted the red star!



 It was so easy and it was fun to just use things I had around the house!



 It was so nice to have our Christmas-decorated home filled with the sounds of little ones playing and grown-ups talking!



 



The next day, Christmas Eve, we decided to make a new Christmas tradition...Krispy Kreme!  We packed up late in the morning because the boys had slept so long from playing so hard with their friends the night before.  Both boys got a "hot now" donut right when we walked in the door.  It was love at first bite! 



 John Michael got a snowman donut and Matthew got a regular one!



They loved it, and we did too!



Of course we had to go see how they made those donuts!



It was interesting and both boys enjoyed watching all the donuts being made!



I think it was a fun, new Christmas Eve tradition to start for our family!



Later in the morning Jordan decided that it would be a fun idea to take John Michael to see his first animated movie.  I thought he was joking; he wasn't.  We ended up taking both boys to see "Tangled" (or Tingled as John Michael says) and he did really well and is still talking about it!  Matthew did pretty well but I ended up having to take him out towards the end.  It was a cute movie and we all loved it!  It was a fun, but busy Christmas Eve!

2 comments:

Jane (Gaga) said...

Great post! I love the curious look on both boys faces as they watch the doughnuts being made. Fun tradition!!! Janna and I sure enjoyed our visit and miss you all so very much already!

Julie said...

LOVE the boys' sweaters!