Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Our Snow Day...In!

Although we didn't end up getting tons of snow, the roads were pretty icy yesterday morning, so we enjoyed having Jordan home for a few extra hours before he headed to work.  It definitely helped break up our day since I knew we weren't going anywhere all day due to the snow!

I knew we had to come up with some fun things to do, so I got out the cheap tablecloth, art easel, and paints and we had an art morning.  JM is NOT fond of anything related to art...ever.  But, Matthew is a true art lover!

We painted with regular paints and little markers...



And I even forced JM to come do a little bit of painting as well.



We got out our new Crayola light pen that turns the color of what you're coloring.  It's pretty cool!



Mainly, Matthew just tried to eat it.  He did really well and I may keep one of his masterpieces and frame it, it's so cute!



After art time we played and played and played in Matthew's room.  The boys played on the slide and we put in our Veggie Tales Toddler Tunes CD.  Jack enjoyed looking out the window at the pretty snow!



They wanted up into the crib and JM gave Matthew a few impromptu big brother hugs.  It was very, very sweet!  He's starting to do more and more of that lately!



Since I'm trying to get both boys to sleep at the same time in the afternoon (for my own sanity and pregnant tiredness!) I didn't put Matthew down for his morning nap.  He fell asleep during lunch!  He was so pitiful!



The weird thing was, he kept eating even though he was asleep.  Weird!



We played even more after lunch and both boys were sooo worn out that they took fantastic naps!  I settled in to watch TV, eat some lunch, and then I rested my head for a little bit before it was time to get up and start dinner.  I am definitely starting to feel better and I fixed dinner last night and the night before!  Shocking!


While I finished dinner, the boys watched Cars so sweetly.  And yes, that is a trampoline AND a drumset in our den.  Hey, I'm just trying to survive a cold winter in the house!


7 comments:

Jane (GaGa) said...

The pictures of Matthew eating while asleep made me laugh hysterically!!! Hopefully this winter weather gets better for all of us. I'm going stir crazy here by myself and only wish I had some little boys to play with! Sounds like y'all had a busy, fun day!

Laurie said...

I love Matthew eating while he is asleep! Keep doing that art!

Future Mama said...

Adorable pictures!!!

Much love,
Future Mama
http://expectingablessing.blogspot.com/

Julie said...

I am LAUGHING at that picture of Matthew eating in his sleep! So cute. We may have to come to your house because our house is boring as all get -out compared to what all y'all have going on at yours!

Jordan Wigley said...

That's my boy! :-)

Seriously, that has to be one of the funniest pictures of Matthew in a while. These boys are always cracking us up with something... what did we ever do before they were here? :-)

Hope you all have a great day!

Love you,
Jordan

Dana Maxwell/Meme said...

love the pictures, and especially Matthew eating in his sleep!!
good job entertaining the kiddos! such a good mother!!

Shannon said...

HILARIOUS!!!!!Matthew eating while asleep!!!!LOVE IT!!! Good thing Jordan gets a discount at WM b/c I foresee a large grocery bill....:)
Shannon