Saturday, October 9, 2010

Our Week

Earlier in the week it seemed as if fall was really here!  We had to turn the heat on at night and it was really chilly at night and the early part of the morning!  The latter part of this week has definitely warmed up and it doesn't feel too much like fall!  I had to pull over while I was out and about this week and take a picture of my favorite trees.  Every year I love how they are some of the prettiest trees around!  It looks like they are starting to turn, and aren't the colors just beautiful?!

I think God shows his glory and attention to even the smallest details; like beautiful Fall leaves!

 



We haven't made it to the pumpkin patch yet.  These pumpkins were sitting outside of a restaurant that we went to on Thursday night.  John Michael wouldn't sit still for the picture so I just took one of Matthew.  It was a pretty nice, quite restaurant and our boys were the only kids there!  We were nervous about it, but they did really well.  It's so hard to go out to eat and really enjoy yourselves with little ones with you! We worried about them banging the table, hitting their spoon against their plates, and yanking off the tablecloth!



Thursday we had our friends Braxton and Kaitlyn over to play.  I owed Jessica big-time for all the times she has had us over this summer.  Plus, she kept Matthew one time for me!  The boys had a really good time and John Michael was so excited that "Ah-Keen" came to play!



We had a nice visit and a fun afternoon.



Matthew and Kaitlyn are only 3 months apart.



We were so glad they came to play.  Both boys took big, loooong naps after they left!



This week I got Matthew to actually sit in the little bean bag and watch Mickey Mouse for a very short time while I fixed my hair.  Hey, you gotta do what you gotta do and Mickey let me get my hair straightened for the day!



I also made homemade trail mix bars and they were really good!  I got the recipe from a girl in my MOPS group.  I cut them into squares and put them in little zip-loc bags.



Friday night was Parent's Night Out at church and a few of us decided to go eat at a Japanese steak and sushi place.  I love these places!  It's always fun and entertaining when they cook your meal in front of you.  Plus, it's tasty too!   We had great food and great conversation.


We had a fun night out without our kiddos but on the way to get the boys they called and said Matthew was not happy!  Bless his heart, I think he was just hungry after he woke up from his cat-nap.  He wasn't really feeling well either and I think he was just ready to eat and go to sleep in his own bed.  We are SO thankful for our church having Parent's Night Out once a month.  It is a huge blessing for us to be able to spend some time together once a month and know our boys are safe and happy at church!



Since we got in so late Friday night, we eneded up sleeping in a little bit this morning.  I love Saturday mornings around our house.  We pile both boys in bed with us and just play and laugh or watch Mickey while our biscuits or muffins bake! 


This morning Jordan showed John Michael how to use his "Hop on Pop" app!  It was very cute and JM really enjoyed looking at it and flipping the pages!



And just so I don't forget, here's what both boys are up to. I use our blog to record what's going on with the boys, so  if I don't write it down, I will have no idea when they started doing these things!


-JM is really starting to open up at his Mother's Day Out program.  It has been sooo good for him.  He gets a great report everytime he goes.  He is starting to talk a lot and he is talking and singing more and more at home.  He gets so excited to go to "chuch".  We are so proud of him.  He learned to sing "Happy Birthday", "Jesus Loves Me" and he's putting more words together for "EIEI-O".  He is also saying tons of words and starting to put them together....Where did mama go?  Where did the football go?  Here you go Matthew.  Mathew go down the slide.  I go outside. 


-He also learned all of his shapes this week!  I was so surprised when he pointed them out on his artwork from Tuesday morning church.  Ceerkle, stah, tringle, squah, rectangle and diamond!  He weighed 34 pounds at the doctor's this week too!


-JM usually always says Thank you Mama and more juice, please!  Manners are important!  He also started calling us Mommy and Daddy a little bit.  I have no idea why!


-Matthew has had a bit of a cough, so we ended up at the doctor's office and got some prescription cough syrup for him.  His ears looked good, though!


-Matthew is basically sleeping through the night now!  Yippee!


-We think he could take a few steps if he wanted to.  He can stand for quite a while all on his own!  He can stand, lean down and get a toy, and then stand back up, all without falling over!


-Matthew can almost say bye-bye and he can almost say mama!  We swear he can say "all done" because he hears it 84,000 times a day from John Michael!  He waves and claps constantly and smiles up a storm!  He's still into EVERYTHING and he is majorly strong.  He weighs right under 25 pounds.


-Both boys are growing, learning, sweet, and happy.  What more could we possibly ask for?!  God has blessed us "beyond our beyond".  And yes, I totally stole that from our "Faithful, Abundant, True" Bible Study!


1 comments:

Jane (Grams, GaGa) said...

I agree that this time of year is so beautiful! No artist can capture all the beauty of the landscapes that God paints for us. Your trail mix bars look yummy!! I love the "face" that Matthew is making in the picture of him at the table. It cracked us up! And is it just me....or does Matthew look way too grown up in that picture of him in the bean bag! And I have loved hearing all of JM's new words and especially his singing on the phone. He has such a sweet voice. Hope Matthew feels better this week.