Tuesday, October 12, 2010

An Arrangement Of Sorts...

So I bought this super-cute basket on clearance and I decided instead of making a Fall wreath, I would make a basket and hang it on my door!

My sweet, thoughtful husband dropped me off at the front door of Hobby Lobby and took BOTH boys to a park so I could browse around uninterrupted and get my flowers together for the basket.  How sweet was that?  It was heaven!  I browsed around and generally took my time looking at everything!  I never get to do that with two little ones in tow!

This is what I came home with:



And here's my basket.  I thought about spray painting it, but I'm too lazy.



So I started with this...



and ended up with this!



I can't take any credit for most of this because I found the idea at Hobby Lobby on a little free flyer!  Some of it was mine already, though.  I've always just had a wreath, so I decided to do something different this time around.  It is definitely different....and big and obnoxious, but I kind of like it!  My friend, Jessica, had to duck to get in our front door, but at least you can really see it from the street!  Ha!

6 comments:

Julie said...

I love big and obnoxious!!! You need to see my big fall feather wreath. It's as big as a short person. I love your basket. And props to Jordan for giving you such a great gift--an hour alone in Hobby Lobby will do wonders for your spirit!

Jane (Grams, GaGa) said...

Love it! You did a great job arranging everything.

Tracy McCoy said...

Love it! You are so talented!

Amanda said...

Hey there! Found you thru Kelly's Korner. I love what you did for your door! Especially since I keep baskets on my doors all year long and love changing them out with the seasons or holidays. Here is my latest fall creation...http://www.myheartsdesireblog.com/2010/09/fall-doors.html
Also, I did a table centerpiece with almost the exact mix of stuff you used for your door...all from HL, too! I love how we can create something so different using the same stuff!http://www.myheartsdesireblog.com/2010/09/fall-decorations_11.html

I so love the blog world so we can get ideas. I, too, attended MOPS many years ago when my older two were little. It was such a life-giving time there! LIttle Rock doesn't have MOPS groups much, plus I am so much busier now that I have 2 elem kids + my 2 y.o.

Did you go to AL? My hubby is an Auburn grad:)

Blessings from Little Rock,
Amanda

jess nix said...

super cute!!! good job ma!

Dana Maxwell/Meme said...

very creative - love it!!!