Sunday, October 3, 2010

Late Night Antics

Some nights John Michael has a bit of a hard time going to sleep.  Luckily, he doesn't scream or cry or anything like that.  Usually he just lays there and talks and talks and talks about things from the day or sings EI EI O!  One night in particular he had been laying there talking for forever, so I told Jordan let's just get him up and let him sit up here in the den with us for a bit!

He definitely wasn't ready for bed.  He brougt his blanket and hung out on the couch with us and snuggled...which is always hard for a 2 year old to do.  We ate it up!

After a bit we knew he needed to start getting sleepy so we scrolled through the DVR and found the perfect thing:


Dave Matthews!


We had an old live concert on the DVR so we started it up and he went and sat in his little chair and watched it for a while until he got sleepy.  I was surprised at how many words I still knew after all these years.  I feel like Dave was the soundtrack to my high school years!  It always makes me think of first dates, football games, and driving around with nothing at all to do!  We listen to lots of Contemporary Christian and Kids Praise music in our home now, but I have to admit, Dave still has a place in my heart!

1 comments:

Joan said...

I was playing "Catch Phrase," this "Guess the word/phrase" game with some of my students the other day, and one of my phrases was "Dave Matthews." I named a bunch of DMB songs, gave them all kinds of clues, and finally time ran out. I was like "DAVE MATTHEWS! IT WAS DAVE MATTHEWS! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YA'LL????!!!!!" They had never heard of him. These kids are like 18! Apparently, 18 year olds in rural Alabama have no idea who Dave Matthews is. Keep training that kid right!