Friday, October 22, 2010

A Visit from Paw-Paw!

We were blessed to have my grandparents drive in for a visit with us while Jordan went to a convention in Las Vegas for a week.  Have I mentioned I really, really want to go to Las Vegas?!  I love food and I'm a people watcher and I figure there's no better place for that than Vegas!  I'm attached to Matthew as his food source, so there was no meet-up in Vegas in our cards. 

My grandparents drove up and had a good, long, fun stay with us!  They had such a good time with the boys and Joyce helped me out by making me some casseroles to freeze and some homemade beef stew to freeze, also!

We didn't do a ton that week, we just hung around and they played with the boys and got some really good quality time in with them.  I am so blessed to still have all of my grandparents but one grandfather still alive.  They love our little ones so much and John Michael can say all of their names!  It was so nice to have them in my home and for once, be the one to host them!

The pumpkin patch wasn't open, so we went to the same pumpkin place that we went to last year.  It's not really a pumpkin patch, but they have tons of neat gourds, different colors of pumpkins, and mums!  I got some hot-pink mums!  Both boys were just as busy as could be while we were there.



This year's picture of John Michael and last year.  He has grown SO much!  I can't believe it!  They still look like little babies when they're 1 1/2 years old!




Matthew enjoys pumpkins and JM likes to throw them. 



John Michael also liked pulling the wagon!



This is the best shot that we could get of them together.  I can't get any cute pictures lately because they are on the move and won't look at me!



Here's "Paw-Paw" and Joyce at the pumpkin patch with their great-grandchildren!



In typical Matthew fashion, he stood up and tried to walk over the pumpkins while holding onto the handle!



On a different afternoon we went to our cute little downtown square after we picked JM up from Mother's Day Out.  We went to the cupcake shop (we've never been!) and JM picked out his very own cupcake: he wanted the red velvet cupcake with cream cheese icing....he is Jordan's son!  They were quite good, but priceeeey!  This is not a place we will be going to often!



Matthew says "Why didn't I get any cupcake?!"  He won't have to wait long, his birthday is NEXT month!  Yikes!



We walked around the square, went to the bike shop to let JM look at bikes for Christmas, and we went to the fountain, of course!



 



 



We had a great time and I'm so glad they got to come visit with us!  I was glad for the company since Jordan was gone all week.  I'm so glad he doesn't usually travel!


1 comments:

Jane (Grams, GaGa) said...

We are so glad that Papaw and Joyce were able to come out and visit!! It looks like it was a fun time for all of you. I remember going to the pumpkin place with you and JM last year. I never thought then that he could be any cuter....but I was wrong! He and Matthew only get cuter each day! I love the picture of Matthew standing up in the wagon. That picture really captures his personality. I can't wait to get there next week and get me a little loving in myself :)