Monday, June 21, 2010

Boo Hoo!

It's just been one thing after another on our trip back home!  Matthew is sick and has had a pretty high fever and then today after nap, John Michael had a fever also.  It took us 2 hours to get Matthew down for bed tonight.  I'm just so tired and sleepy! I keep thinking the dark circles under my eyes are never going to go away. I hope I can get a good night's sleep sometime soon.  I did take a nap today, so that helped a lot! I know this too shall pass but it's hard when you're in the thick of it! 

Also, my grandmother is in the hospital and I really need to go up and see her, but I can't leave the boys when they're sick like this.  I know she really wants to see them and we really want to go see her.  I don't think she's really doing all that great so it makes me really want to go see her soon!

I miss my happy, smiley baby!  Go away virus!  Don't you just hate when your little ones are sick?


Mainly, we've been swimming in the 500 degree heat.  John Michael has really been warming up to the water and he actually wants to go now.  He loooooves jumping off the edge into our arms.  I love swimming with him!  It's such a fun, sweet time for me!  On a more random note, I haven't straightened my hair in over a week and a half.  With all this humidity, crazy doesn't even begin to describe it!



We've also been making good use of our water table.  We've been going out after dinner a lot of nights and getting wet and playing and playing with the water!  John Michael loves to throw the water out onto the ground.  He ended up watering Meme's flowers and getting all of our feet and legs wet!



Matthew is even enjoying the water table.  Even if John Michael throws water on his little face!




I'm thinking we might have to go back to the doctor if Matthew continues to run a high fever.  I would have thought it would have gone down by today, but it hasn't.  I hope JM only has a slight case of whatever this is.  I'm not sure I can take days and days of more high fever.  Poor little guys!

3 comments:

Jordan Wigley said...

Awww... I miss you and the boys so much! Matthew's little pouty face at the water table is just pitiful. I guess that was after JM splashed him in the face. :-)

Can't wait to get to Alabama next week, and finally relax with you all by the pool! I'm looking so forward to seeing my big boy splash around in there... they're just both growing so big already. Time definitely flies by.

I love you and hope you all have a great day. Get those boys healthy before I come home! :-)

Erin said...

So sorry you guys are under the weather while you are away. We prayed for all of you this morning in Bible Study. Get well and get some rest!

Amy said...

I'm so sorry the boys are not feeling well! I know it doesn't make for fun days. I am praying everyone will be on the mend, and that you will be "sick-free" the rest of the trip....and maybe get in a good nap or two, too!