Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Weird Weather and A Kitchen Helper

We had a big, nasty storm blow up the other day.  The wind was blowing so hard and these crazy clouds were blowing in.  I have never in my life seen clouds that look like this.  I wasn't the only person in the neighborhood outside looking at them.  They were moving fast!


Aren't they cool?  The almost looked like smooth ocean waves!



I can never get used to the wind out here.  It was so windy it was almost blowing me over. After living here a few years I'm used to having my hair permanently blown over my head when I'm outside most of the time.



In other news, Matthew has been wanting to "stand" at the activity tables.  We have to hold him, but he loves to stand up and play with everything.  He is getting over an ear infection that is taking 2 antibiotics to clear up.  We had a really rough night Monday but I think as of this morning he is feeling much, much better.  By the way, I had to search high and low for some generic baby Motrin.  That stuff is hard to find!  He weighed 21 lbs 12 ounces and he is wearing JM's clothes from last summer.....when JM was 13+ months old!



JM had to show him how it was done!



And here's Jack making a blog appearance.  He's not on here much anymore!



Also, two year olds are great helpers.  JM likes to help me with laundry and he loves to help me when I get out the mixer or food processor.  He helped me make some buttercream icing for a cake the other day so I let him nibble on the spoon. 



I think he liked it.



We have had one successful potty attempt this week!  I'm not really pushing anything and I haven't really even read up on anything but he did go after naptime on the big potty!  He is such a big boy!  He's just now two and I'm just not going to stress about it.  We're going to start slowly working on it and see how it goes!  I might be wanting to pull my hair out by the end of the summer!

1 comments:

Judy said...

Mary Avery, I wanted to tell you the name of the paint on our walls that you ask in your comment to me.

It may not still be in stock...it was 6 years ago when we painted our new house! The name was Sisal and it was by Ralph Lauren.

Matthew is sure growing up fast!! He might catch up to JM before long!!

Blessings!