Thursday, June 17, 2010

Gardenin'

We have been having a kind of weird time on our trip back home to Alabama.  I came on this trip to come home and help my mom because of her messed up knee.  What has ended up happening is that I messed up my lower back.  I am having the same sciatic nerve pain that I have had with both pregnancies.  I couldn't really walk yesterday and it was really bad again this morning.  I finally got a chiropractic appt (out of pocket, ouch!) and it has helped me so much!  I hobbled into the office and I was able to walk out!  I'm going to go a few more times while we're here.

Now, to the good stuff!  Meme got John Michael a water table and he has had a good time playing with it.  I dont' know about y'all, but I have to force JM to go outside and play.  I think he doesn't like to be hot and sweaty.  He'll go back to the door and say "all done" and "help" as he tries to open the door himself!

After he's done screaming because he has to go out and play, he usually has a great time!


He loves water so much!  This water table was such a great idea.  We're going to get them to bring it up to us whenever they come out to visit.



Maybe this is a southern thing, but my dad has always had a garden and whenever we have friends or family over, they always end up in the garden.  This happens when we go to other relatives' houses too.  Is this just a southern thing...showing off and talking about your garden?!  They go down there and talk about what they planted, what died, and what has already been harvested!  It's kind of funny!


Here's everybody heading down to Papa's garden.  JM wanted to go too!



Uncle Judd was showing JM how the tiller worked.  He kept calling it a truck!



What's that you have there?!  What did you harvest?



Oh my!  It's a lovely squash from Papa's garden!



We checked out Papa's roses....



and I got to eat these first little tomatoes of the season! 



Now I'm just waiting on these lovely little tomatoes to ripen so they can go on my sandwich bread!



My grandparents couldn't hold out any longer once they found out we were in town!  They came up for a quick one day visit.  They'll be back another weekend.  They can't stay away from our boys!



The weather has cooled off a bit.  It's not quite as hot and humid as it was and I am happy about that!  Have a great week!


Verse O' the Day:



Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the things of God, but the things of men.

Matthew 16:23

 

1 comments:

Jordan Wigley said...

JM looks like he is having a blast at the water table... can't wait to see him play with it. He also looks like he had a good time in the garden. Hopefully we'll have a big crop ready for him to help us pick once you are all back home in Arkansas! I love you all so much and miss you. Have a great day, and keep getting your back feeling better!