Friday, June 4, 2010

I Survived!

Today was my first big day at the pool with two children in tow!  Although I did have help from friends who were also there, I did a pretty good job!  JM was totally brave this year and just ran straight in.  I was so shocked.  Last year I had to hold both of his little hands because he wasn't quite 100% walking.  Not so this year.



Our little guy was fearless in the water and he kept trying to wade in up to his chin.  I'm going to have to keep an eye on him.  It was a little scary but I was kind of glad that our sometime-shy firstborn did his own thing and didn't even really stay with me most of the time!



I packed so much stuff and I ended up taking the stroller in so that Matthew could take his morning nap.  My plan worked perfectly because Matthew nodded off about 10 minutes after we got there!  I was already in the water keeping an eye on him from afar as he was laying in the stroller and the lady beside us was like "he's crying".  I knew he needed to cry for a minute or two before he would fall asleep.  I guess she was thinking I was just leaving him there! 



I survived and we had a lot of fun. By the time we got home, unpacked, had lunch, changed diapers, and got everyone ready for nap, I was exhausted.  I felt like I had gotten a good workout.   I'm sure this will just be the first of many trips to the pool this summer!

0 comments: