Sunday, December 13, 2009

Tree Times Three

Last year I did Boo Mama's Christmas Tour so this year I'm doing Christmas Tour of Homes through the Nesting Place!  Last year I got majorly inspired by the Nester's ideas for decorating mantles so I copied some of her ideas and it turned out great!  I used the same pieces for the mantle this year, also.


Last Christmas I showed way more pictures from around the house, but this year with a new baby I decided just to concentrate on our little trees and a little bit on our mantle!  I hope you enjoy!  Merry Christmas!


---------------------------------------


I made a post last year with John Michael's little Christmas tree in his room and now I'm doing it again, except adding one for our new Matthew!  Here's a link to last year's picture of John Michael with his little Christmas tree.  He looks SO different!  He's such a big boy now!



http://maryblogimages.x10.mx/?p=243

We have three Christmas trees this year.  I basically do not love our Christmas tree in our den, but it's full of special ornaments and it looks pretty all lit up at night.  I love having the Christmas lights on all during the day.

First up, Matthew has a little tree with blue ornaments, his little shoes that he and JM came home from the hospital with, and some special ornaments for his first Christmas!


I got a little set of blue ornaments that were all baby boy themed from Target.  It has a duckie, bottle, and little blue pacifier and they look so precious hanging on his tree!




John Michael's tree is more of the same from last year except this year we added ornaments that represented things he has been interested in over the past year.  We have quite a few stars because he loves "stahs"!  Also, if you notice the little bunch of blue ornaments sitting in a little nest on the tree, John Michael put these on the tree himself!  He started decorating his own tree and he put all the little balls on the tree himself!


 


We have quite a few football ornaments and some Alabama ornaments too.  JM loooves football so much!



We have a fish because JM loooves for us to read "One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish" and he can identify a fish, too!  He says "Shhhh" which means fish!



A Mickey Mouse Clubhouse ornament and Rocket from Little Einsteins round out the new ornaments on his tree this year.  There's no telling what he'll be into next year!




This is our tree in our den.  As my mother-in-law could tell you, I had a pregnancy-induced breakdown over how ugly it was when we pulled it out of the box this year.  I could find nothing right with how it looked this year, but after we got all the ornaments on and turned on the lights I realized that your Christmas tree isn't what Christmas is about. 


We are fortunate enough to have a beautiful tree filled with sentimental oranaments and plenty of presents sitting under it.  We have so much to be thankful for this year.




This year as we celebrate Christmas in our home for the first time with our two precious boys we will be thinking about the REAL reason for the season:  Jesus' birth and the REAL reason He was born : 



John 3:16

For God so loved the world,

that He gave His only begotten Son,

that whosoever believeth in Him

should not perish but have everlasting life.

So, while we will be exchanging gifts with each other this year and John Michael will probably be getting way too many toys, I hope we can always  remember Jesus' birth and how awesome that one birth was that changed the world!


And on a more fun note, what post would be complete without pictures of the boys?  Here's John Michael at Sam's eating a whole lot of pizza.



I cannot even tell you how cold it was that day.  I think it was in the 20s and windy!  Brrr!



And here's Matthew getting a little bath!



Biiiig yawn!  What a cutie!


9 comments:

Kelly said...

I am just in awe that with TWO kids and a brand new baby - you managed to decorate your house! I'm pretty sure there is no way I would have all that done! You are amazing!!!!

Jordan Wigley said...

Once again, putting a smile on my face first thing in the morning!

You always do such a great job decorating our house for Christmas, and sometimes I catch myself just staring at the trees and decorations. Thanks for always being such a great wife and mother!

Love you,
Jordan

Jane (Grams, GaGa) said...

At that stage in your pregnancy, when we got the tree put up, you were entitled to a little break down! haha The tree turned out really pretty and is filled with sentimental ornaments. That is what really makes a Christmas tree pretty. Mine has many of mother's ornaments plus some of Jordan's and Janna's ornaments. As you place these ornaments on the tree, each one brings back a wonderful memory with it. Both of the boys look so adorable and can't wait to give them kisses this weekend!

Mary said...

i love your trees! i think you did an awesome job on them!

jacquelin said...

Everything is just beautiful, you have a lovely home and precious boys. Love your trees and mantle. Thanks for sharing.
Merry Christmas!

Bobbie said...

Beautiful! You do good work!!

Brenda said...

Your house is just lovely! I had to laugh about your son's tree - my 6 year old daughter insisted on decorating the little pink tree in her room all by herself. Since we put the tree on her dresser, the tree his only decorated on the bottom as far up as she could reach - the top half is completely void of ornaments!
Congratulations on your new arrival!

kimberly t. bowling said...

Love the trees, the mantle, those cute boys of yours.....on and on! Hope you got the package I mailed....to the right address this time!! :)

Karen said...

Your boys are adorable and your house looks amazing. I wanted to know if you could ask Robin to e-mail me the recipe for her amazing cookies and icing. I would ask Robin herself, but her blog is invitation only. I would love to make them for a friend's baby shower in the near future. Thanks, Karen