Monday, December 7, 2009

Out and About...Sort Of

This past Friday was our Sunday School Christmas party and I could not decide whether or not we should go.  I really didn't want to take Matthew out in the cold and around people, but I really wanted to get out of the house and see all of our friends!  On a whim, we decided to go just for a little bit, and I'm glad we did!  We had a really good time and it was nice to get out of the house for a little bit and show off our newest addition.

The biggest problem was finding something that I could wear.  I'm in that inbetween stage and it's frustrating, but technically I'm only a week and a half out from delivery, so I shouldn't be too concerned yet!  Not a lot fits right now so I really didn't have much to choose from.  It's not so fun to keep wearing maternity clothes after you've had the baby!

 


Here's Monica, Amanda, and Laurie.  I really think Amanda's fabulous vest should have won the contest for ugliest sweater.  LOOOOVE the sequins!



Here I am showing off Matthew to everyone.  Don't worry, he stayed in his sling the whole time and no one touched him!



Say Cheeese!  Who knew I would ever show up to a Christmas party with ill-fitting clothes and dirty hair, but that's just how it is with a newborn so I got over it.



The next day (Saturday) I slept in with this cutie pie and Jordan cooked breakfast and entertained John Michael.  Matthew was really awake and smiling and having a really good time!



What a cutie pie!



I took about a million pictures of him smiling away!



Sunday morning I tried to be a professional photographer, but I now realize I AM NOT!



I tried my best, though!  At least my subject was cute and patient with me!



Here's John Michael wearing one of his Christmas outfits.  He looked so cute going to church on Sunday morning!



His new favorite thing is stars!  He loooves "stahs" and he can find them anywhere and point them out!  He loves the stars on our tree.




John Michael says Merry Christmas!!!!



Verse O' the Day:



I will lie down in peace and sleep, for you alone, O Lord, will keep me safe.

Psalm 4:8

5 comments:

Jane (Grams, GaGa) said...

I'm glad that y'all got out and had fun with your SS class. Matthew looks comfy, cozy in your sling. Oh how precious the pictures are of Matthew and his sweet smile! He is looking more and more like JM everyday. The second picture of him looks very much like your post photo above in the top corner of you holding JM in his jersey when he was a few months old. And of course JM looks as cute as ever! I love the excitement on his face that you captured while he was looking at the "stahs" on the Christmas tree.

Jordan Wigley said...

Not only the "stahs" but notice in the first JM/tree photo that he is reaching for the football!

Thanks again for the great smile to start out my day. Great post baby! :-)

Mary said...

wow matthew looks SO much just John Michael..what a cute family!!

Mary said...

wow matthew looks SO much like John Michael..what a cute family!!

Meredith said...

Mary Avery, your boys are so, SO precious! I am so glad you are all doing well!