Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A Different World

Wow!  We have been so busy the last few days.  We did get to come home Thanksgiving night and we celebrated Thanksgiving the next day.  And by we, I mean our moms made dinner while the boys watched TV and I propped my feet up in bed with little bit.  Just like last time, I am carrying so much fluid in my ankles and feet...it looks awful!  I hope it goes away soon.

I still can't believe we have two little ones and I am keeping my fingers crossed that Matthew stays a pleasant, easy going little guy.  I'm not even joking when I say that I've been having to wake him up at night to feed him!  This is so different from last time.  There's lot of things that are very different from last time but this is possibly the best!  We are getting good sleep during the night and he's positively happy and content during the day. 

Although I KNEW John Michael and Matthew were different just from the way they acted in the womb, I now know that they are truly two different people with different personalities.  Life is amazing!

Here are some random pictures from the last few days.  I haven't been very good about taking many pictures because even though Matthew is a good baby, there's just always something to do and I stay busy doing little things that take up my time!

Here's Papa holding our big boy.  It looks like he's checking him out pretty good.



Close up.



This is what happened when we put him in his car seat to come home.  Now THIS is more like his big brother!  I'm going to do a totally separate post with pictures on his coming home outfit.  It's hilarious.



Dada getting Matthew all buckled in



Me sitting in the back with Matthew on our way home!



We let JM stay up late to see his new brother.  He's interested sort of, mainly he's ignoring him.



He just looks like, what is this?!



Saturday afternoon Papa, Uncle Judd, and Dada took John Michael to the park because it was going to be a warm day.  We've been blessed with good weather right up to December!  All those men got kudos from the moms at the parks because they weren't at home watching football like their husbands were!



JM loves this steering wheel at the park!



Matthew is (safely) snoozing in between Mama and Dada in bed.



Our newest Alabama fan



We went for our newborn check up yesterday and everything checked out fine!  He slept the whole time.



Snoozing away in the swing.  We were idiots to not have one of these with John Michael.



John Michael doesn't quite know what to think of all of this.  He's pretty needy right now and I cannot pick him up and he's quite frustrated with that. 


I feel a whole different set of mom guilt that is all new to me.  It's been really, really hard to feel like I'm giving him my time and attention.  I feel like it's going to take weeks and weeks for me to get the hang of everything.  Luckily, my mom is still here so I have help, but I have NO idea how I'm going to do this by myself.  I WILL learn!




And last, but not least, poor little Jackson.  I think he knows he's been bumped down to #3 now.  He's also been acting up and misbehaving lately!  He'll also adjust!  At least he's not licking the baby as much as he did last time.


8 comments:

Jane (Grams, GaGa) said...

The one of Matthew crying in the car seat is one of the few times that I have seen him cry. He is such a good natured baby. You're a great mother and will quickly learn how to juggle the duties of taking care of a toddler and a newborn. Jordan will still have his days to take off after your mom leaves, so that will help you transition. Just try to rest as much as possible and keep those feet up! Missing all of you so much, but will see you again in a few weeks.

Jenna said...

Mary Avery, you look great! I just had to say that! Little Matthew is adorable! I love the Precious Planet swing! And totally OT but Bman has the same jammies JM was wearing! Love em'! Congratulations again!

Kelly said...

Glad ya'll are doing good. I was the same way - I never had ANY swelling during my pregnancy but it was AWFUL after. It was a good month before I could finally wear shoes and had normal hands again. HORRIBLE.
Matthew is so precious and I'm so glad he is sleeping good. Everyone should get at least ONE good sleeper. ha! You are a great mom! You can handle two! :-)

Kelly said...

P.S. If you need Jackson to come over here and play with Dawson some day - please let me know - I'll come pick him up. I'm SERIOUS!

laurie said...

Matthew is so cute and I LOVE his name!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is one of our picks if we ever have a boy. YOU look GREAT!!!!!!! Hope to come see you soon!

Julie said...

Matthew is just precious--such a handsome little baby. I'm SO glad he's sleeping for you. You deserve that, for sure!!

Erin said...

Glad you guys are doing good. Matthew is just precious! Great to hear he is content and a good sleeper. You are a great mom and will be able to handle it!

Jordan Wigley said...

Even after holding him every night, and looking at these pictures, it's still just crazy that we've got a second baby! :-) It's just such a blessing to have a child, that it's almost unbelievable that you can be blessed with another.

You're a great mom, and I know we'll get a good routine in place soon. Thanks for the pictures to give me a smile this morning! :-)

Love you,
Jordan