Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Will You?

UPDATE 9:00pm:

Just a quick update.  We will be posing pictures later tonight, but I thought I'd go ahead and post some stats!

IT'S A .......................



BOY!


And Heaven help me he weighs almost 11 pounds...yes, you heard me...11 pounds.  He is 10 pounds 14 ounces and 22 1/4 inches long.  Wow.


I'm super tired, exhausted, and hurting.  I pray the next few days of healing go well!  I'm so scared to get up and move around.


His name is Matthew James and he is very calm and quiet!  Such a difference from our little John Michael!  We'll be posting more later.  Thanks for keeping up with us!



 

-------------------------

UPDATE 4:15pm:

There's still no baby yet... but the epidural is in!!!!  Praise the Lord!!

I'm resting and sleeping well, and feel really great... we're progressing right along.  I'm sure we'll be checked again in the next hour or so for progress.  Thanks for all the comments and prayers!

-------------------------

We awoke early this morning with butterflies in our stomaches.  We are checked into the hospital, hooked up, and on our way to a hopefully healthy birth of our long-awaited baby boy or girl!  Obviously things are going well because I am on the computer right now!  I'm watching Law & Order: SVU and we're just chilling out...how different this is from last time!

John Michael is happy and playing at home, so I feel better knowing that...even though it was the hardest thing ever putting him down to sleep last time for the last time as an only child.

If you happen by the blog today or you happen to think of us today, WILL YOU say a little prayer for us?!

WILL YOU pray for a healthy baby, delivery, and that God would surround and protect us today?  We would whole-heartedly appreciate it.  Seeing how things go, we might be able to update some here and there today!

Verse O' the Day:

For the moment all discipline seems painful rather than pleasant, but later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.

Hebrews 12:11

14 comments:

kimberly t. bowling said...

Consider it done. Will prayer throughout the day...can hardly wait to hear the big news!!! :) And I mailed your "replacement" notecards yesterday....maybe they'll be in your box when you return home!! :)

Julie said...

I was JUST thinking about you and prayed for you to have a good delivery--and no pain!!

Jessica said...

You all are in our prayers today. Hope everything continues to go smoothly!

Mary said...

prayers!

Jenna said...

Very excited for you! Praying!

Amy said...

I am and will be praying!

Erin said...

I am praying for you, Jordan and that sweet baby!

Kelly said...

I can't believe you made it until 4 before you got the epidural. You are ALL woman.
Praying the baby is here soon and is fine. I've been praying all day and waiting and waiting and waiting for an update!

Vonda said...

Praying that the contractions are a non-event, and the delivery is smooth. Can't wait to see little Wigley!!

Robin said...

Yay!!! Just saw your update! Congratulations! I can't wait to meet Matthew! Praying you get some good rest!

Jenna said...

Congratulations! Welcome to the world little Matthew!

Kelly said...

FIRST of all - congratulations on a healthy baby boy!!! That is so great that JM will have a brother since they will be so close in age! I'm so happy for your family.
But most of all - I am feeling for you tonight. Matthew beat Harper by a pound and 10 pounds nearly killed me so I'll be thinking of you as you recover.
Can't wait to see Matthew!!!

Jessica said...

We are so excited for you guys! What a big boy... he is almost twice as heavy as Braxton was... wow! You will definitely be in our prayers as you recover.

kimberly t. bowling said...

Oh my lands....Mary Avery....an 11 pounder....now that's a BOUNCING BABY BOY!! Bless your heart...glad everything went so well. You are a real trooper...I agree with Kelly, you are ALL woman. I am still just in complete shock.....an 11 pound baby and over 22 inches long. My word.

I pray you are able to rest tonight and recovery will be smooth and quick. JM will have so much fun with his little brother. My boys are exactly 2 years apart. And now even at 12 and 10 they continue to be best buds, playing together just as always.