Friday, November 6, 2009

Observational Humor From the Week!

This blog post is mainly for me to read later, it's really not that interesting!  It's good for me to write down stuff JM is doing so I don't forget.  Read on, if you would like!

Things of Interest From This Week...

-Note to self, when the dog starts licking and frantically sniffing around John Michael's pants and bottom, you should probably go check it out.  Upon further inspection, pray just a little harder that the wetness that you see on the jeans is just peepee, not a BIG, BIG BLOW OUT!  Oh my gosh. 

I had not had a nap yesterday because JM didn't sleep that long, so we went to the park, then to Wal-Mart - all with me waddling, then when we got home I cleaned JM up for about 30 minutes after the big-big blow out.  After a bath (which nearly killed my back), a good scrubbing, a change of clothes, and then all the clean-up that's involved, I was almost a zombie when Jordan came home from work.  I went to bed at 6pm and probably went to sleep at 8-something...I don't remember!

-No progress yet.  I didn't think I had dilated any and I have not!  We will go for weekly appointments from now on!  We'll see what he says next week.  My blood pressure is up so I'm going to be taking it easy.  It scares me to think that this time next week was about the gestational age that JM was born.  Am I ready?  I'll answer that in another post!

-When going to a park full of kids, it's probably a good idea to not sit around in big groups and smoke.  I'm sorry, it's a free country I know, but I was horrified and disgusted that these people sat at a park with kids and blew their smoke everywhere.  I hate the smell so much.  Gross!
Just a beautiful fall tree!
Just a beautiful fall tree!

-John Michael can now say "Duck-ta" which I wasn't understanding until Jordan filled me in!  "Duck-ta" is Ducktails!  JM has a Ducktails book that Jordan reads to him every night and now he can say it!



-JM can also say the following:  Cooool!  Later!  OK!  Byyyyeeee!  Bye Bye!  A lot!  "Jew" is juice, although I wish he would learn to say juice instead of screaming JEW!!!  Also, his "thank you" is impecable!  He also screams "Crackah".  Oh how he loves graham crackers!  Oh yeah, and he also screams "Na-Na" over and over when he sees a banana or when he's about to eat one!



-Another cute thing JM does is he can finally give a good hug and kiss.  His kiss is hilarious!  He'll come up to you and just barely put his mouth on your cheek.  There's no puckering or anything, just a tiny bit of lip on your cheek.  That's his kiss, and I wouldn't want it any other way!



-JM can point to and recognize "star", he says "Stah"!  Everytime we say it or point to it, we have to sing twinkle, twinkle, little star.  I'm doing it as I type!  He can also anticipate which page is coming next in his favorite books, you know, the ones I read about 2 dozens times a day!  What a smarty pants.



-Unlike last time, we are officially packed for the hospital.  I am still searching for a Feltman Brothers-type of girl coming home outfit.  None of the two stores here that carry that brand have a newborn size.  I'll come up with something. Mom still has my outfits, so hopefully I can get those soon and pack them!  All of our girl stuff still has the tags taped to it!  I truly do not feel it's a girl.

I'm hoping we get to enjoy the wonderful weather we're going to have this weekend.  I WILL be resting, but it will be a great chance to take in some more warm weather!

Verse O' the Day:

The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise.

Psalm 51:17

1 comments:

Jane (Grams, GaGa) said...

JM is learning so many words so quickly now. The pictures of the fall trees are beautiful. Enjoy the weekend and get some rest. I'm going to Belk's tomorrow to see if they still have some Feltman Bros. outfits. See y'all soon.