Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Petting Zoo!

I am so far behind on my blogging.  I might get around to blogging about Father's Day next week!  I couldn't resist doing a post about this next series of pictures that I took.  It was so cute and it made me smile all day!

We are teaching John Michael how to nicely pet Jackson so they can be lifelong friends.  Here is our first big lesson!



We gently pet Jack's fur, not hit it!



Jack likes that!



Lifelong friends in the making!



Jack finally rolled over and let John Michae pet him!



That was so much fun!  Now we know how to pet our dog nicely!



I feel so productive today!  We went to the library for toddler reading time and it was so much fun!  We'll definitely go back next week.  John Michael is taking his morning nap and we might possibly head to the pool this afternoon.  John Michael loves his splish splash time!  Have a happy Wednesday!


Verse O' the Day:



I say to the LORD, “You are my Lord; I have no good apart from you.”

Psalm 16:2

5 comments:

Dana/Meme said...

What a good idea - petting lessons!! Poor ole "ack" (Jack in JM's lingo) is in for some rough but fun and loving times with a little boy as his best friend - so cute!!
I am glad you 2 went to the library. A lifetime of a love for books is one of the best gifts parents can give to their children!!!
READ! READ! READ!

Kacy said...

How did JM do in the Toddler time? We've been going to Springdale's library on Wednesday b/c the Bentonville library said Wells needed to be 2 to go t o their thing. . .

Jane (Gran/Grams) said...

Oh how sweet JM is being...giving Jack gentle pats! I know they will be such good buddies growing up together. Toddler time at the library sounds like fun too. The love of reading and enjoying books is so important in the development of children. I love reading to JM...mainly because I have him in my lap and have him close to my heart.

Vonda said...

I hope Brandon and the two wienie dogs will be life long friends. The puppies sure are protective of him even though he does not know they exist. I will have to give the be gentle with the puppies lesson in about a year, we will see how it goes.

Julie said...

Mary Avery,
I just wanted to tell you that your mom seems so sweet-she always leaves the nicest comments on my blog :) I don't know how to tell her thank you, so I thought you could pass on the message for me! I'd love to meet her sometime when she comes to visit!
JG