Saturday, August 20, 2011

Salsa and Coffee??!!

I've never made homemade salsa before, so I thought I'd give it a try.  I found this recipe and I LOVE it!  It is so good, fresh, and yummy!  I never want to buy bottled salsa again.  I thought this was pretty easy to throw together too!  Matthew loved it and ate a ton of it on some tortilla chips.  We'll be making this again soon!


Summer Salsa


Ingredients


5 ripe tomatoes cored and diced


1 small red ontion, peeled and finely chopped (I used regular onion)


2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced


1 bell pepper seeded and chopped


1 jalapeno chile, seeded and finely chopped


1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro


1/4 teaspoon cayenne


1/4 teaspoon salt


1 tablespoon fresh lime juice


Put all ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix well.  Cover and regfrigerate!


(I put all of my ingredients into a food processor and mixed it that way!)


 


Iced Coffee


Also, I've never been a huge coffee fan unless it's from Starbucks and has tons of sugar and cream in it, but lately I've been enjoying iced coffee!  It only makes sense since it's been 100 degrees outside so often this summer!  I own a coffee maker, but we rarely use it unless our parents are up visiting. 


Well, I decided that I would come up with a quick and easy way to grab a really yummy and cheap iced coffee most mornings....



Here's my method:


Since I'm super busy lately and have my hands full in the mornings, I just make a BIG batch of coffee every few mornings.  Once it's brewed I go ahead and dissolve my sugar in it and set it aside and let it cool.  I drink my iced coffee out of that morning's pot and then put the leftover coffee in a large cup and store it in the refrigerator.


Every morning I grab my cup, pour in a little milk, add some ice, then add my already-sweetened coffee from the fridge and viola....iced coffee that only took 12 seconds to throw together!


I'm loving this iced coffee and I love that it takes little to no time to throw it together in a cup and go!


And just for fun,



and



Can you tell they really, really didn't want to sit and get their picture made?

0 comments: