Friday, August 26, 2011

A Celebration

On Tuesday night the girls from our Sunday School class came together to celebrate Noah's arrival!  We opted to have his shower after he was born since we weren't finding out what we were having!  I'm glad we did it this way. It was SO fun and it was nice to have him there with us!

Julie was the hostess and she had her table looking so beautiful!  She had his birth announcement in a frame and some beautiful candles lit.  There was a lot of fantastic food to choose from.  I took this picture before all the food arrived-ha!


 


I am so proud of my sweet little guy!  Look how cute he was in his new gingham  outfit, all ready for his very own shower! 



 Monica brought her girls and they were so excited to get to attend a shower.  They also loved Noah and wanted to keep checking him out and holding him.  It's a sweet picture!



I had started to get a little nervous because Noah has started to get a little fussy around dinnertime and on into the evenings.  I wondered how he would do being out all evening.  He did fantastic!  He was such a sweet little baby.  So many people held him and looked at him.  We compared his looks to that of his brothers as well! 



I have some truly wonderful friends that I have been so lucky to find since we moved up here.  I don't think I will EVER forget these hard child-rearing years as long as I live, and even when I'm really old and grey and think back to when the boys were so little, I will think about ALL of these girls and what they have each meant to me.


Noah got some great gifts and tons and tons and tons of diapers and wipes!  I'm super excited about that!



I was also excited that he took a bottle!  Kacy fed him and he did great.  She even rocked him afterwards!



 



I stayed pretty late and a few of us talked and talked.  These are the sweet times, when you're so busy with little ones so much of your time and you get a chance every now and then to sneak out and do something with just some girls!  Noah was awake for a lot of the time and he was a complete angel.  He cooed and smiled and batted his arms and legs around.  I was so happy that he did so great at his shower!


I am so thankful to everyone that came and brought some yummy food!  It meant a lot to me to have each of you there to celebrate our sweet new arrival.  He truly is a blessing!

3 comments:

Erin said...

SO sad to miss your shower. Looked fantastic and like such a fun time. Noah is such a beautiful baby! I have your gift will get to you sometime

Sarah said...

The picture of you two is just ADORABLE!! :)

Dana Maxwell/Meme said...

he looks so long in the pix where the girls are holding him! glad he was so sweet at his shower and I am so thankful of the friendships you have formed in Arkansas!! Thanks to all of the girls and especially Julie for hosting this shower!