Friday, March 18, 2011

Disney Day 3, Epcot!

We started full day 3 at a bright and early start of around 11!  No early rising for us!  We headed to Epcot, walked in, got our locker for the day (we had a bag full of clothes to change into for our dinner reservations), and headed straight back to our favorite ride, NEMO!

 


First things first, we got a FastPass for "Soarin'".  It told us to come back in like 4 hours!



After the Nemo ride you get to go look at the aqarium the ride is built around.  We saw some awesome manatees and we even got to see them eating.  They look so cool close up!



We next watched the dolpins playing.  I'm not sure I really realized how big they were until I got super-close up with them!



We found a hidden Mickey at the bottom of the aquarium!



Next, we toured The Land and we saw another Mickey made out of plants.  I might make me sound old, but I love to ride through this ride and see all the different plants and flowers they are working on at Epcot!



After eating lunch at The Land pavilion we wandered back to the different countries in the back of Epcot.  We leisurely walked around and then headed back to use our FastPass for "Soarin'"



We stopped off at our locker and ate a little snack and then headed to the monorail to go to the Grand Floridian for dinner at Citricos!



Who doesn't love the beautiful Grand Floridian?!  It's so pretty and grand!  I love to just go and sit and people watch!  On our last trip we dined at the Grand Floridian at Narcoossee's and it was really good.  This time we chose the other restaurant at GF, Citricos.



We had an early reservation and got seated right by a window with a great view!  I read that Citricos was one of the best-kept dining secrets at Disney and we definitely agree!



I went out on a limb and ate veal and it was wonderful.  It was a very large serving and I wanted to make room for dessert, so I only ate a little of mine.  It was a shame because it just fell apart on my fork it was so tender!



We can't remember exactly what Jordan had, but it was also wonderful!



Now, for dessert!  Jordan got a lemon cheesecake and he loved it as well!



Now, MY dessert was to die for.  I would say this was an excellent tiramisu.  One of the best I've ever had.  I had some wonderful french press coffee to go with it!



I mean honestly, doesn't that look wonderful?!



We enjoyed our dessert and coffee and took our time and then noticed it was time for the fireworks at Magic Kingdom!  We could see about 1/2 of Cinderella's Castle from our seats!  It was fun to see the fireworks while we finished dessert.



After dinner we strolled through the lobby and listened to the live band before heading back to our resort.



We had an excellent dinner and it was such a nice way to end our day at Epcot!

0 comments: