Thursday, April 29, 2010

All Better Now

Things are looking up at our house.  We're happy to be feeling better.  We've cleaned and cleaned and scrubbed and done a literal ton of laundry!  The boys and I only have a bit of runny nose/cough left over but I think it's allergies.

I'm not sure what was up with the stomach bug that I caught, as it was so bad it sent me to the ER in the middle of the night, but I think it might have been worse on me because I was nursing.  I'm not sure, just a theory.  Maybe I got more dehydrated faster? 

Anyway, we're just so happy to be well.  I cannot tell you how awesome it felt to have our friends from Sunday School check on us, one brought us groceries (and even flowers!!) and so many other people offered to bring us gatorade, chicken soup, and crackers.  If Jordan's mom had not been able to come up and help, we definitely would have taken people up on their offers!

I obviously haven't taken too many pictures in the past week, but yesterday we got to play outside for a while and it felt so nice!


I set up a little blanket and Matthew watched all the action.  I think he wants to just get up and go and follow John Michael.  He will next Spring!



And if you notice Jack, our dog, looks really different, it's because he does.  On top of everything with all of us getting sick Jack got sick over the weekend also.  He was throwing up and having stomach problems and he eventually had bloody poops, so late Saturday night Jordan and I took him to the 24-hour Emergency Vet in our area.  It's nice to know it's there if you need it, but GOODNESS it's expensive.  Crazy expensive. 


Jack stayed for two nights but they had to shave his front legs to put his IVs in, so our groomer tried to fix him a little better but she also had to cut him really short because he was just so matted and dirty from all he went through.  He now looks like a weird poodle instead of a bichon frise!  He threw up again today while we were gone, so I'm not sure what's going on with him.



Jordan's mom took about 6 different pictures for us to be able to get these two pictures that look just ok!  John Michael just won't sit still!




Love, love, love these boys!


Matthew was a little unsure of the bright sun and crazy wind, but he had fun outside too!


3 comments:

Julie said...

Oh I'm SO glad y'all are better!! I'm in need of a walk! And poor little Jack--you're right, his little legs do look pitiful shaved! I know he feels better though, now that he's well and has been to the groomer for his summer 'do!

Dana/Meme said...

I am thankful to everyone that offered support, prayers or other kindnesses while y'all were so sick! Jordan's mom is truly an angel of mercy.
Seeing y'all outside again looks good too, even if Jack looks a little funny -but it will grow out quickly.
The last picture of Matthew lying on the ground in the little plaid overalls, I have to say, looks a lot like your brother Raymond, when he was about that size. The face isn't exactly the same, but his size and expression remind me a lot of Raymond. He sure had a good birthday Sunday.
Keep feeling better and able to enjoy the Spring!
Love to all

Susy said...

So glad you're all better! I had the stomach bug too...and it was awful and lasted for days!
The same thing happened to my dog, except it happened several times. They finally decided she had a digestive issue and switched her prescription food (I/D). It's expensive food, but it's much better than the crazy vet bill and hospital stays! And she is doing so much better since switching! Just thought I would let you know in case it's a reoccuring thing with little Jack! They took forever to diagnose our dog, and we could have saved tons if we just switched her sooner!