Saturday, April 3, 2010

Easter 2010

It seems so simple and so many of us know this verse by heart, but it's so, so true!


"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotton son,



that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life!"  John 3:16


It's not about the Easter baskets or the tale of the Easter bunny coming to our house and leaving presents for our little ones; although we did do the baskets and a few very small gifts.  No, my friend, it's all about HIM today.



It's not about how good you are, if you've done awful things, how often you show up at church, how many things you volunteer for at church or how many things you've done for others...


Quite simply put, it's about a personal and close relationship with God.  I am not claiming to be perfect, I stumble, I fall, and I am a sinful human being.  I hope today, as we celebrate the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, that you know even part of the joy and hope that we have in Jesus.  I cannot tell you the joy and happiness that we have in our lives because of the things the Lord has done for us.  Our lives are not perfect or trial-free, but we always have a strong sense of peace and joy in the Lord, even through difficult times.


I hope that if you haven't, you will consider what today really represents.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Well said. Thank you for your testimony! And thank you Jesus!

Jordan Wigley said...

Great post, baby! I just now got to read it today. I'm glad we were able to spend the day with friends, celebrating the resurrection of our savior!

Jane (Grams, GaGa) said...

Wonderful post! We had a wonderful Easter that could have only been made better by having y'all with us. Jesus has risen! Glory be to Him!