Saturday, April 17, 2010

On The Way to Branson

We took a mini trip this week to Branson.  Jordan's mom and sister were up to visit, so we headed to Branson to do some shopping!  We just stayed one night and we had a nice time.  The drive was pretty and the weather was nice and warm.

I stayed pretty tired because I was up quite a few times during the night feeding Matthew and then I had to rock JM back to sleep because he was just sleeping in a pack n play and it wasn't familiar.  Even though I was tired, I'm always up for shopping. 

There were so many good outlet shops and I didn't really get a chance to go to a lot of the ones I wanted to.  Maybe we'll go back sometime and I can get to those shops!  Not to be mean to my precious angels, but next time I go I'm not taking any kids at all so I can take my time and do some serious bargain-hunting!  Maybe sometime next year when Matthew isn't nursing!

Anywho, I'll split this post up into two posts because of the amount of pictures.  Plus, I haven't updated the blog in a few days!

On the way to Branson we did a big U-turn and turned around to see these:


BUFFALO!!!


I don't know about you, but I don't think I've ever seen a real buffalo, especially this close up!  I think they are on someone's farm and they were right by the road.  There were several cars pulled over to come check them out, so I'm sure I'm not the only one who thought they were awesome!



It just made my day to sit and watch them!  I could have watched them for an hour; they were so neat!



Can't you just picture thousands upon thousands of these guys running around the wide open plains out west a long time ago?!



One of the highlights of my trip!  Seriously.


And just for fun, here's my two precious boys last Sunday after church.  John Michael is wearing an outfit that was my brother's when they were little!  Classic pieces never go out of style!



This is officially my new hairstyle while I wait for it to grow out.  It's kind of hard to grow it out when it starts falling out after pregnancy #2!



Verse O' the Day:



I rise before dawn and cry for help; I hope in your words.

Psalm 119:147

3 comments:

Jane (Grams, GaGa) said...

We had a great time too! The buffalo were really a nice surprise on this trip. It was a great start to our trip. Great picture of you and the boys!!

Robin said...

We didn't take Caleb when we went a few weeks ago, I kept wondering if I could have, I'm not ready for that yet! Ha! I'm impressed that you took 2 kids!! Glad you had fun.

Jordan Wigley said...

Wish I could have gone up there with y'all... but at least you've got lots of pictures for me to look at! Hope you and the boys have a great start to the week. Love you!