Sunday, January 15, 2012

Your Works Are Wonderful, I Know That Full Well....

"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."


Psalm 139:14


Today was Sanctity of Life Sunday and we had the honor of dedicating Noah at church today.  We do a small ceremony promising before our congregation and pastor that we will raise Noah in a Christian home, with Christian parents who love him, each other, and also (most importantly) the Lord.  I still think it's so crazy that this is our THIRD baby to have baby dedication for in our church.  We are so blessed and I'm so humbled sometimes that the Lord has blessed us with three precious boys.  What a joy and surprise they have been to us.


As the service began, they flashed some of my favorite verses up on the screen: Psalm 139:14.  ALL children are fearfully and wonderfully made and seeing those verses just made me realize what a true miracle life is.  I sat there with tears brimming, thinking about how each time I went to the doctor to confirm a pregnancy test, they would do an ultrasond and there would be a tiny, small, beating 4-chambered heart right there on the screen.  Each time I hadn't even known I was pregnant at all.  What a wonderful God we serve to make us in "the secret place" (Ps 139:15)


We are so thankful for God blessing us with our sweet Noah!  He wore my brothers' tiny blue sweater and the same outfit Matthew wore for his Baby Dedication.


It was a wonderful, happy, and blessed day for our family!


 


 It was fun to have 3 other couples from our Sunday School class dedicating today as well!




 We didn't get a chance to go to Sunday School because Noah was having a total meltdown in the nursery.  He hadn't taken a nap yet and I was going to have to feed him again, so we just went ahead and left. We drove around a bit and let him sleep and then met up with my dad and brother, Ray, at a local yummy chicken place.  It was very good, but it reminded us why we just can't go out to eat (at least easily) with our brood right now.......



 Matthew ate about 84,000 saltines...



John Michael ate a good lunch.....



and Noah pretty much melted down the whole time.  Here he is right before the huge meltdown.  He was grabbing my cup of iced tea and trying to eat it.  I walked out with him right after this!  Bless his heart, he'd had a long day!



Between cutting up the boys' food, refilling their plates, trying to keep Matthew from spilling his cup, trying to feed Noah baby food and at some point try and stuff food in our mouths as quickly as possible, it's just not an enjoyable experience with them right now.  I know in a few years it will get better and easier, but for now it's a nightmare.  Their behavior was really good but it's just really hectic!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I hope the church we go to when we have children has baby dedications. I think they're so sweet!

Jane (Gaga) said...

How blessed my grandsons are to have such wonderful Christian parents!!! I am so proud of you both and thankful that the boys are growing up with a love for Jesus. Some of my most precious memories will be kneeling down with John Michael (and I know later with Matthew and Noah) and listening to them pray the sweetest prayers. Love you all so very much!