Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Thank You, Pinterest

I've recently become totally and absolutely obsessed with Pinterest!  I have loved finding random recipes, awesome crafts for the boys, ideas for the playroom that we're working on, and ideas for decorating my den.  I'm a little obsessed!  Recently all 3 boys had this runny nose/cough respiratory ickyness so we've been in the house for close to 2 weeks in a row.  I kinda thought I'd lose my mind, but alas...I have Pinterest!


The boys loved this idea using pipe cleaners and a colander and they played with it off and on for a few days.  As with anything new and fun, I leave it out for a bit then put it up and bring out back out another day!  It makes the toy/craft seem brand new!


 


Matthew was the most excited about it.  JM played with it too, but I don't have any pictures of him for some reason.



And by the way, doesn't Matthew look so darn cute in his little man shirt?!





I found him later on with this on his head...eating an apple.  He cracks me up!



I ended up using a ton of my Pinterest/Snow Day activities that I had planned to use to save my sanity this winter! Here are a few things that we did while we were home for nearly 2 WEEKS in a row!!  Ahhh!  I'm so glad they're on the mend now!


I got a mini muffin pan for Christmas, so I put it to good use with these little pizza poppers served with pizza sauce! Yum!



We built forts...



I made these AWESOME cinnamon roll pancakes. I knew my boys would love them so I knew I had to make them.  They are so wonderful.  The boys have been requesting them most mornings and I have to explain that these yummies are only an occasional treat; and treat they are!


 


We made homemade flubber...



They really weren't all that excited about it for some reason.



I thought it was fun and it turned out pretty neat!



Next, out of sheer boredom we moved on to moving ice from one bowl to the next. I threw in some yellow food coloring just for fun.  We did this one last winter too.  I'm always surprised at how long they will do this activity!



Fun and good for motor skills!



And last but not least, we made a raceway for our cars!  I got a huge bag of these blocks at my favorite thrift store for $2!!!!  They have loved stacking them and making forts and raceways with them!



I guess I can't complain too badly about being stuck in the house.  My kids always bounce back and they are very healthy.  I have a lot to be thankful for.  Oh yeah, and God must have heard my prayers because we haven't had any big ice/snow storms YET!!  yay!  You'll remember this from last year:



I definitely can't complain!

1 comments:

Jane (Gaga) said...

I am loving Pinterest too!! So many great ideas and recipes. I have a board with a few grandchildren ideas...mostly recipies. I loved all your activities and those pancakes look scrumptious! And how was that pipe cleaner staying in Matthew's hair??? haha He is such a funny little fellow.