Thursday, January 19, 2012

6 Months!

 

I can scarcely even type the words....six months.  Goodness.  How did time fly by so quickly?  As usual, it's just flying right on by since we started having kids.  I'm not sure if it will ever feel like it's slowing down.  Some days I wish I could slow things down and savor whatever we've got going on, other days I'm not sure I can even handle what all we've got going on and all of their needs at once!  It seems like just last month he looked like this:



So, at 6 whole months old Noah is roughly 22 pounds.



To say that he is smiley would be an understatement!  I just love how happy and sweet he is.  Unless he's hungry or tired...he's just like this!  Noah likes to jump in his jumperoo and he's getting really good at holding objects and he really tries to stretch to get a certain toy that he has in mind! Sleeping was a bit iffy there for a bit, but he's been doing a pretty good job lately; only getting up once or twice and going down nicely!



He's starting to want me to hold him a lot and he's starting to prefer me a bit too!  I don't mind!  I think he's gradually beginning to understand when his brothers take something from him.  I'm sure it won't be long until he starts to get really upset when that happens!  Right before Christmas he started sitting up by himself perfectly!  He'll lie on the floor and sort of twist around, but no crawling and while he can roll, he just doesn't like to very much.



He's constantly sounding like a grumbly baby dinosaur!  Raaaahhh, Raaaaahh, Raaaaaaaah is what he sounds like and it's always with a smile!



We've been comparing his hair to the other boys a lot lately.  It's totally different from his brother's hair!  We think it might be blond like JM's, but it sticks up and is a little more coarse and it tends to grow straight forward toward his forehead.  None of our other boys have had hair this texture!  I love how they are all different and unique!



Lately, Noah has been able to be more a part of what all is going on around the house.  He's been eating most baby foods for a few weeks now and he likes to sit at the big table with brothers!  He's also working on using his sippy cup.  He seems to prefer the take 'n toss cups!



He also had his second cold and his first double ear infection this past week.  He's so much better and I'm glad he's on the mend. My baby is growing by leaps and bounds.  Sadness and joy as well!


And just for fun....here's all 3 boys at 6 months!  Precious!




1 comments:

Jane (Gaga) said...

It is even harder for me to believe that 6 months have passed. He changes and grows SO much in between our visits! Oh how I love that smiley boy!! I am in full blown grandson withdrawal right now. Loved all the 6 month old pictures....all different...all perfect....all adorable!!!