Saturday, January 28, 2012

The Heavens Proclaim His Glory

I happened to catch the sun setting a few days ago and I just HAD to go grab my camera!  It took my breath away!  I had dinner cooking, kids ambling about the house, Noah starting to get a bit fussy playing on the floor, and dinner on the stove....but I knew I had to go see this sunset!


 


I grabbed Matthew because he was the only one that was game, and we sat on the front porch and took these pictures.  He kept pointing out the colors in the sunset and I kept telling him how beautiful it was!



I think as I get a little older I start appreciating and looking for small ways that God revels His glory to us.  Whether it is  fall leaves, a beautiful sunset of purple, blue, gold, and yellow, or as simple as a gummy baby smile or the boys' laughter; I count it all joy.



I know life's not all about perfect days with kids with perfect behavior, and no laundry stacked up or dishes to be washed, but maybe just maybe, God wants to show you He's still got His hand in everything...even something as routine as the sun going down the "sunsetting place"!

3 comments:

ray maxwell said...

you are so right. We just have to take the time to see all the blessings that are out there

Jane (Gaga) said...

Beautiful!!! God's artwork is amazing and we all need to take more time to admire it. I especially love to admire the beauty of His oceans and beaches :) Your comments are so true.

Kimberly said...

really cool pics....love them, thanks for sharing!~