Saturday, December 10, 2011

Slow Cooker Mac!

A few people have asked me about this slow cooker mac and cheese recipe so I thought I'd share.



This is most definitely my go-to mac 'n cheese recipe.  I found it in the Trisha Yearwood cookbook that Jordan got me for Christmas.  It's really a good cookbook and I've found a few great go-to recipes.  I also love her roast beef recipe.  It smells wonderful!


Here's how to make this wonderful (and SUPER easy) Mac!



8 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked
1 12-ounce can evaporated milk
1 1/2 cups whole milk
2 large eggs, beaten
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
1 teaspoon salt
Dash of pepper
2 10-ounce bricks sharp Cheddar cheese, grated (about 5 cups)
Dash of paprika

In a large 4-quart crockpot sprayed with cooking spray, mix the macaroni, milks, eggs, butter, salt, pepper and all but ½ cup of the grated cheese. Sprinkle the reserved cheese over the top of the mixture and then sprinkle with paprika. Cook on low heat for 3 hours and 15 minutes. Turn off the crockpot, stir the mixture, and serve hot.

If you don't have a crockpot, grease a 9x13x2-inch pan with butter, add the mixture, and bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.

**If you'll take just the little bit of extra time to shred a block of cheese (I've found that a 16 oz. block works just fine) instead of buying the pre-shredded cheese, you'll see a big difference!  It will be so worth it!

0 comments: