Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas Fun!

I'm probably going to divide up our Christmas posts into a few different posts.  We did a lot of fun things leading up to Christmas.  I tried to make it a sweet, fun, and also teachable time for our boys. 

One fun thing we did was make a gingerbread house for the first time.  We've never done one and I think they loved it!  They really had a good time with it!  They tried to eat everything, but it turned out really cute!


 



Finished product, sorry the picture is sideways! I think it's pretty darn cute!



Matthew and Noah had some bonding time over the iPod.



Matthew is just a little bit obsessed with a bowling game we found for the iPod!  He loves it and walks around the house most days saying "bo-weeing" "Mama phone?...play bo-weeing!"



I have loved our manger scene.  I found it just like this early one morning!



I'm so glad they like it so much!  I'm especially glad we get to talk about Baby Jesus and why He was so important and special!  JM told me just today as he was playing it..."Mom, Baby Jesus is soooo special"!



John Michael's preschool had their Christmas play!  I was so excited/nervous, I thought I was going to throw up.  I have no idea why!  I guess I was just realizing for the first time that he's not such a little guy anymore and I've got to let him go out into a big, scary world!  Yikes!



The play was precious and he practiced his songs with us the night before.  He did a great job! 



Can you spot him in the pictures?!



I think this was my favorite one of him!



Gaga was up for a visit, so we all got to see him in his first play!



The boys got to go see Santa.  Poor Baby Noah was sacked out asleep in the car with Bop, so we didn't wake him up to see Santa.  JM got very brave and decided he was ready to sit on Santa's lap like the other boys and girls.  He did a great job and politely asked for his remote control monster truck.  I was really proud of him for deciding to go see him and talk with him! As you can tell, Matthew would just barely sit on a rocking horse in front of Santa!  He is so silly!  He also did pretty well for being terrified of Santa!


The Southern Mama in me just HATED that they weren't in matching Christmas outfits, but it was a spur of the moment thing and I guess it truly doesn't matter anyway!



Tons more Christmas pictures and posts to come if I ever get the time and energy to actually sit down and blog.  Parts of November and into December have been pretty rough on me sleepwise.  I hate complaining about it, but it's just a really hard time of year anyway and it was just truly exhausting for me getting very little sleep and have 3 little ones 3 and under.  I enjoyed parts of it, but generally I've been bone-tired exhausted for about a month now.  I'm very much looking forward to 2012 and hopefully catching up on some much-needed sleep!  Maybe we'll vacation during Christmas next year!  It's definitely a thought!

1 comments:

Jane (Gaga) said...

The ginger bread house turned out soooo cute!! I know that all of you had fun making it. I can picture the boys eating as much candy as they were putting on the house...haha. JM's Christmas program was just precious and he did such a great job. No telling how many times I've watched and showed the video of him practicing to people. Try and get some rest