Monday, November 29, 2010

Two Thanksgivings & A Stomach Bug

While we were home for Thanksgiving we celebrated by having lunch with Jordan's family and dinner with my family.  It worked out well except the night before I started feeling really, really bad.  I never did throw up (which is fantastic in the world of stomach bugs!) but I was up a lot during the night and I just felt really bad.  I spent most of Thanksgiving day sleeping in, eating crackers, drinking Gatorade and being really lazy.

It didn't help that it was so warm during our visit.  All we really had was long sleeves and pants!  Jordan took Jack and JM for a walk before lunch.  Jack was so happy and JM did a really good job of walking him!


Table o' Desserts



I didn't get any pictures of Gaga's Thanksgiving feast because I just felt too awful.  Gaga had the works for us; turkey, dressing, rolls, potatoes, green beans and probably some other good stuff that I can't remember!


Matthew was ready for his second Thanksgiving!  I kept thinking how last year we ate Thanksgiving in the hospital and Matthew was soooo little and precious!



We all took great naps and then woke up for more food.  At mom's we decided to do something a little different this year.  We decided upon steaks, potatoes, and veggies and rolls.  Like Jordan said, it was a real treat for us because we never spend the money on steaks at our house!  It was different, but really nice to not have to eat two Thanksgivings in a row!  I ate crackers and soup.



All the men were really excited about the massive plate of steaks my dad grilled!



Can you tell Matthew just ate a little bit of cake?!



Jordan and I decided we would let John Michael eat a little more cake, as he had already had some at Gaga's house.  It's Thanksgiving after all!  He just keeps asking and asking for cake, so we said after that night no more for awhile!



It was so warm on Thanksgiving day.  I remember last year it was freezing cold and the wind was blowing so hard and cold as we brought Matthew home from the hospital at around 9 that night!


Later the night it started to rain, so as is JM and Dad's custom, they went and sat out on the back porch.  JM played and played in the window and waved at us and said Hi to everyone in the den!  They had a good time!



Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.  Ps 107:1


This Thanksgiving I was thankful for:


-Healthy and beautiful children.


-My marriage and my awesome husband who does so much for me.


-Sweet family who loves us so.


-Jordan's job that he enjoys and the security we feel because of it. We know so many people are out of work or are looking and it's just so tough out there right now.


-The Lord and what He means to us as we go about living our everyday lives.


-We have a roof over our heads, food in our pantry, and two cars to drive.  It's as simple as that...we are blessed!


We hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

1 comments:

Jordan Wigley said...

Hey baby!

I'm finally getting caught up on your last couple of blog posts. I had a great time with you and the boys back in Alabama... wish it could have lasted longer! But at the same time, it feels good to be home again too.

I love you so much. Keep up the great work on the blog. See you tonight!

Love you,
Jordan