Wednesday, November 17, 2010

I Had The Best Day With You!

Dear Baby Matthew,

Before you turn one next week I wanted to show you our super-fun Friday afternoon that we shared last week!  Daddy was so sweet and he let BOTH of us sleep in while he took John Michael to Mother's Day Out.  It was so refreshing to have a morning to sleep in and then hang out with you!

After we got up we headed out to McDonald's for a little breakfast together.  You ate pancakes and waved to everyone around you and smiled up a storm!

 


I just sipped my coffee and enjoyed watching you knowing you'll be turning one soon!  I think you're starting to look more and more like your daddy's baby pictures.



After breakfast we headed up to the Promenade to just walk around and do a little bit of Christmas shopping.  I found myself in a big-time pickle because I desperately needed wipes and I had NONE!  I ended up using a lot of wet, scratchy paper towels!  It's funny now that I think about it!  You didn't mind and we continued on our merry shopping way!



We got to look at all kinds of Christmas decorations and pretty Christmas trees.  Also, you were very attached to a packet of ketchup that you found in the car.  It caught quite a few people's attention while we were shopping!  You were just so happy to hold onto it the whole time!


We looked at the pretty fall leaves and I gave you one to hold!  It was bigger than your head.  You also held onto this leaf for a long time until you tried to eat it!



Last, but not least, we checked out the fountain and enjoyed the water!



Matthew, I had THE best day with you!  I've tucked this one away in my memory, buddy!  We couldn't love you more and we're so excited for you to turn ONE next week!!


3 comments:

Jane (Grams, GaGa) said...

Such cute pictures of sweet little Matthew!! It's hard to believe he will be one in a few days and we can hardly wait for y'all to get here! In the first picture, Matthew looks a lot like you....in the last picture, he is Jordan made over.

Julie said...

Oh this just makes me tear up and smile all at the same time. Aren't these times so precious?!

Robin said...

Aww, sweet post! I can not believe he is almost ONE!